• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reverse Strategy / Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverse Strategy / Position

Hi at all,

I tryed an automatic system with the OIF. It is a reversing-system with 3 different targets and exits. I send the OIF with an *.txt file from eSignal Chart

Problem is, during the trading time some strategy-reversings. I don´t know, how can I do it.Problem:

Buy 3ES-Mini, with 3 different targets an 1 Stop
    e.g. Buy @1290, T1:1291, T2:1292, T3:1293
    NT is filling the order and sets the target and the stop

During the time the T1 and the T2 is filled, so I have an open position with one ES-Mini.

If now the automatic system is sending a reverseOIF, the open contract is closing, and the 3 new contracts are open in the reverse-direction. I use in my reverseOIF an strategy-name, so I get 3 new contracts.

Problem is, if all 3 contracts are closed (I get the 3 targets, or the stop is reached), I cant use in the automaitc system the reverse OIF, from NT I get "there is no position to reverse"

What can I do, if the 3 targets / or stop / are reached and I havn´t open positions, the reversing OIF is not open the new direction.

Any ideas?

Torso

imported post

If you are not using V5, I would upgrade to V5, use the eSignal functions instead of writing .txt files, then use a function NTMarketPosition() to check if the position is flat. If it is flat, send a new order with new strategy, if not flat, send reverse command.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

ok, I try it.

Torso

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gngmpwdws, Today, 09:58 PM
      0 responses