Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opentick subscription problem ?

Here's what I have:
    opentick.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, opentick.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

A chart comes-up, but there is no streaming data.
    The log files says: "Market Data error for instrument NQ 06-08....you are not entitled for realtime data"

Huh ?
    Is this because I have a sim account or what ?

Also, there is a "automated trading disabled" message as well.
    Must I pay a per-month licensing fee to test the auto-trading feature ?

I suspect it means that your OT account is not enabled for RT data. The free NT version is fully functional except when submitting live trades.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      I suspect it means that your OT account is not enabled for RT data. The free NT version is fully functional except when submitting live trades.
      No, Ray, something is wrong on your end. Look at the crosses in the link I provided - I have level I, level II. That means "streaming" which I would say implies "realtime", right ?
      I've tried various symbols....crossing exchanges even...YM, NQ, and ES. All get the same message.
      BTW: anyone you know using NT with a sim account testing using realtime opentick account data ?

Comment

>> "Market Data error for instrument NQ 06-08....you are not entitled for realtime data"
        This is very clear: NT only throws this error as the OpenTick system reports a missing entitlement. Please contact OpenTick support for further clarification.

Comment

opentick and NT Sim

I am currently using opentick realtime data with an NT Sim account. Everything works perfectly and has for many months

Comment

Originally posted by ClayB1 View Post
            I am currently using opentick realtime data with an NT Sim account. Everything works perfectly and has for many months
            Is this for futures, stocks, ??
            I'm curious, what are you paying per month ?

Comment

OpenTick is free besides the nominal exchange fees.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

OpenTick is free besides the nominal exchange fees.
                Yes, we all know this...but the big problem with opentick is the quite daunting selection interface for all of the exchange data. In fact they make the category "Globex" and "e-mini" separate and this is quite confusing.
                I just wish someone would tell me exactly which opentick subscription selection options I need to get both historical and realtime data for the e-mini index futures, that's all. Apparently my current subscriptions do not cover every option I need for this exact data.
                Yes, I have an opentick support issue outstanding....but they are not 24x7 support like you fine people. So I'm just waiting here.

Comment

Try

CME E-Mini's Level I Exch Fees per month $15.00

Comment

Originally posted by syswizard View Post
                    Is this for futures, stocks, ??
                    I'm curious, what are you paying per month ?
                    I receive data for futures and stocks. I am subscribed to the following exchanges:

CBOT E-Mini's
                    AMEX
                    CBOE
                    NASDAQ Level 1
                    NYSE
                    CME E-Mini's Level 1
                    OPRA

You can find pricing for these on the opentick site.

Comment

Originally posted by yeneuro View Post
                      Try

CME E-Mini's Level I Exch Fees per month $15.00
                      Thanks guys....strange, but I thought I had subscribed to CME E-Minis Level 1 and CBOT E-Minis. So if the CBOT Eminis are $20/month, this would make sense...as my bill is $35/mo.
                      So either I made a big mistake or I'm getting ripped-off.

Comment

I would guess that you have the wrong order, from OT subscription as below, CBOT E-Mini's is free, CME is $35.00 (which is probably what you have subsribed to), CME E-Mini's Level I is $15.00 ......... you should go and check your order and change to the latter if you want E-Mini data

CBOT E-Mini's [details] Chicago Board of Trade (Emini) $0.00 $0.00
                        AMEX [details] American Stock Exchange $1.00 $30.20
                        ARCA [details] ARCA Book $10.00 $30.00
                        CBOE [details] Chicago Board Options Exchange - non options (QQQ, SPY.) $1.00 $10.00
                        CBOT (Includes CBOT Book and CBOT E-Mini's) [details] Chicago Board of Trade $40.00 $40.00
                        Dow Jones
                        Chicago Board of Trade (Emini)
                        Chicago Board of Trade
                        CBOT Book
                        CBOT E-Mini Book
                        CME [details] Chicago Mercantile Exchange $35.00 $35.00 ---------YOU PROBABLY HAVE THIS------------
                        CME E-Mini's Level I [details] Chicago Mercantile Exchange (Emini) $15.00 $15.00 -------YOU NEED THIS--------------
                        CME E-Mini's Level II (Includes Level I) [details] Chicago Mercantile Exchange (Emini) $25.00 $25.00
                        CME E-Mini Book
                        Globex Level I [details] Chicago Mercantile Exchange (GLOBEX) $20.00 $20.00
                        Globex Level II (Includes Level I) [details] Chicago Mercantile Exchange (GLOBEX) $40.00 $40.00

Comment

Thanks much...but isn't that whole schedule kind of crazy ?
                          For instance, what I am getting for my $35 ?
                          Should I cancel the $35 "deal" and just get the Level I ?
                          What about the YM contract ? Is that included or must I get a CBOT subscription for that ?

Comment

For instance, what I am getting for my $35 ? -------- I don't know, you could ask them ....

Should I cancel the $35 "deal" and just get the Level I ? --------Yes if all you want is Emini's you need CME E-Mini's Level I for $15.00

What about the YM contract ? Is that included or must I get a CBOT subscription for that ? - CBOT is free, but YM moved to Globex so you can see what you get once subscribed to CME E-Mini's Level I

Comment

Opentick's organization: Pretty amazing....

After 84 hours, instead of fixing this small administrative problem, Opentick decided to terminate my account. Beware. No phone call, no discussion....pretty cold IMHO.
                              Can you imagine how long technical problems will take to get fixed ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Dear Mark,

We find your email to be hostile. We are a very busy company trying to give a good thing to the community. Please keep in mind that we reserve the right to terminate you at any time without cause. Your account has been terminated. Your card ending in 5922 has been credited. This transaction will post to your account within 2 to 4 business days.

Your email addresses will no longer activate our system.

Good day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                              19 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Radano
                              by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                              0 responses