Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for order management software

I am searching for an order management program to keep track
    of positions, buy and sell stop and limit orders, etc.

advise will be greatly appreciated.

Hello Joemiller,

Thank you for your post.

I am not aware of any software available. However, I will leave this thread open for our other users to respond if they have any leads for you to follow.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks cal.

order management gets so confusing so fast there must be something out there.

otherwise I may ask for bids on a [probably visual basic] program to do the job.
      I don't need anything fancy --- but I suspect even a simple program can get complicated real fast.

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
        thanks cal.

order management gets so confusing so fast there must be something out there.

otherwise I may ask for bids on a [probably visual basic] program to do the job.
        I don't need anything fancy --- but I suspect even a simple program can get complicated real fast.
        "Order Management", or "Order Tracking & Reporting", which seems to be more of what you are describing? NT already has "Order Reporting", and some rather elaborate "Trade Tracking"

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          "Order Management", or "Order Tracking & Reporting", which seems to be more of what you are describing? NT already has "Order Reporting", and some rather elaborate "Trade Tracking"
          Interactive brokers has a trade tracking feature similar to NinjaTrader’s order tracking … but that concept is not what I need.

Consider the following scenario.

Buy and sell limit and stop orders are entered every day for 10 days for the forex euro/u.s. dollar pair…and, for simplicity, no orders are triggered during that time.

After that, as orders are executed and positions are opened and closed, associated stop orders that are no longer relavent must be cancelled.
          Therein lies the rub, because we must know which ones to cancel.

If all else fails, I can get along just fine with an excel program I have written to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
            Interactive brokers has a trade tracking feature similar to NinjaTrader’s order tracking … but that concept is not what I need.

Consider the following scenario.

Buy and sell limit and stop orders are entered every day for 10 days for the forex euro/u.s. dollar pair…and, for simplicity, no orders are triggered during that time.

After that, as orders are executed and positions are opened and closed, associated stop orders that are no longer relavent must be cancelled.
            Therein lies the rub, because we must know which ones to cancel.

If all else fails, I can get along just fine with an excel program I have written to do the job.
            Ah, you are talking of manual trading. I automatically assumed you were talking about auto-trading. My stupidity.

Comment

au contraire mon ami. you will not wrench the stupidity crown from my head.

Comment

so, the question remains open.
                any information about order management software will be appreciated.
                thanks to all for the responses.

Comment

Hello Joe,

Did you check out our ChartTraderPRO fo Ninja? It is based on our AlgoTrader Framework, that is a +20k line of ninjascript and combines the manual trading and automated strategies on same chart, same trade.

ChartTraderPRO it is a CORE product (simpplified).
                  We will start a store (later) with many extesions and plugins, like multilevel SL, TP from chart, pos sizing, strategy templates, planning more, drawing tools autiomation ...

1. Download
                  2. Import .zip using NinjaTrader
                  3. Open chart and attach atChartTraderPRO to chart

Best Regards

Lorant Vari
                  Founder, CEO
                  Last edited by varilorant; 01-14-2015, 02:47 PM.

Comment

hi varilorant

thanks for the response. however I don't understand the significance of it as it relates to my problem.

please explain how I can make use of ChartTraderPRO to accomplish my goal.

Comment

Oh, I'm really sorry about my confusion!

I missanderstood your request, our software was made for Order Entry and Trade Management, BUT not for Order Tracking. We use Ninja for that, but we have plans to develop a prop solution as well.

But I'm very curious what your needs are, maybe you can help us to understand the community problems better and try to create an extension module for that!

Regards

Lorant

Comment

Originally posted by varilorant View Post
                        Oh, I'm really sorry about my confusion!

I missanderstood your request, our software was made for Order Entry and Trade Management, BUT not for Order Tracking. We use Ninja for that, but we have plans to develop a prop solution as well.

But I'm very curious what your needs are, maybe you can help us to understand the community problems better and try to create an extension module for that!

Regards

Lorant
                        just to be sure, please re-read all the posts in this thread. if I understand correctly, the answer to your question may be in the thread. if more questions then I will be glad to try to answer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                        Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby