ATM protective stop loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM protective stop loss

Hello, I'm new to NT and have been testing out some strategies with market replay for the ES. Is it possible to set a protective stop loss order or stop market order as part of an ATM strategy within the SuperDom, or can you only set a stop limit order with the 20 tick offset as part of an ATM strategy? If it is possible, should there be another colour than red? OR will I have to set protective stop loss orders manually.

I have changed the SuperDom properties to use stop market for stop loss orders to true, but this does not seem to affect the ATM stop losses.

Thanks for the help!

Hello GeorgeW,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, it is possible to use Stop Market orders for the stop loss instead of Stop Limit orders.

To do this:
    • Right-click the SuperDOM window -> select Properties...
    • Set 'Use stop market for stop loss orders' to True
    • Click OK

If you have set this, and placed a new order, when that order fills, you will see the order type in the Orders tab of the Control Center.
    What is the order type that you see for the stop loss order?

To change the color of the stop loss label:
    • Right-click the SuperDOM window -> select Properties...
    • Set the 'Stop loss color' to a new color
    • Click OK
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 01-14-2015, 03:15 PM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response ChelseaB.

Within SuperDom properties I have tried it with the setting both at true and then false for use stop market orders.

I then set the stop loss within the ATM. For both true and false, within the orders tab of the control centre the entries are the same: Order Typ: Stop; Stop: 1810.25; State: Accepted; Colour on superDom for Stop order: red

So there is no way of telling if it is a stop limit order or stop market/stop with protection. On threads I read from 2008, it appears that it was only possible to set stop limit orders from the ATM, but I thought that was to be updated to include stop market orders.

Comment

Hello GeorgeW ,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: ATTN:Chris S http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=71353
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have mailed it to you ChristopherS.
          Thank you.

Comment

You are using stop market orders for your stop loss orders.

You can check in the Orders tab of the Control Center what type of order is being used.

Stop limit orders will have a stop price, a limit price and will be listed as stop limit while stop market orders will be listed as stop and only have a stop price.
            Attached Files
            Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your helpful response which has solved my problem.

I can now see that I was using ATM templates which had been set up to use stop market orders, so when I tried to see if I could set stop limit orders using the same templates, so that I could assure myself there was a difference, I was still getting the stop market. I now realise that the templates need to be set up using the appropriate setting.

Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920  
              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes