Install Error NT7 on 64bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Error NT7 on 64bit

I get this error after install when running for the first time: Unable to connect to database ... Object Space Connection String is invalid - Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    Attached Files

Hello,

This can happen sometimes with fresh installations of windows or if your installation of windows only had the 32 bit version of this database software installed.

Essentially windows comes with the 32 bit version of the database driver and not the 64 bit version so this error is produced when opening NinjaTrader.

To resolve this you can follow the directions below, if you need assistance with this please email me at platformsupport @ ninjatrader.com

The instructions below will help in removing this error, if you feel un easy with any of the instructions please let me know and I would be happy to do a remote assistance call to clear up the error.

* Install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...CE_3.5_SP2.exe
    * Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract the installer to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to quickly locate later, such as the desktop
    * There should be a file named SSCERuntime.exe that when you run it, it will prompt you to extract files again, just select the desktop again.
    * Navigate to the desktop or directory in which the files have been extracted to (there will be two files)
    * SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi - Run this one first
    * SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi
    * You will now be able to launch NinjaTrader 7

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post gentlebenthebear  
    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes