Trailing stop is stop-limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailing stop is stop-limit?

Hi, I am trying to set up a trail stop ATM strategy which reverses at stop. I need the stop orders to be stop-limit orders. I went into chart trader properties and set the parameter: "Use stop market for stop loss orders" set to false which I assume would turn the stop loss orders into stop-limit orders? I also set the Stop limit offset to 0.

Also, I see that in the Orders Tab, the stop loss is showing up as stoplimit which is what I want.

HOWEVER, the issue is that when I run the strategy.. I am often filled at a worse price than my order... this should not be happening with a stop-limit order set to 0 offset.

For example, I have 2 buy stop-limits placed at 47.80, yet I am filled at 47.81 which is 1 tick higher than my order.. I should be filled at 47.80 or not filled at all, correct?

Please let me know what is causing this?

Hello nourozi,

Yes, this will submit the stop loss order as a stop limit order.

Please note that the offset does not apply to stop loss orders submitted as stop limit. This offset only applies to manually submitted stop limit orders. Stop loss orders submitted as stop limit always use a 20 tick offset which cannot be changed. This is to ensure the stop loss always fills, so the market does not trade through the stop loss.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Perr0Grande  
    Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes