Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on loading chart data

IQ Feed

I have a monthly chart for SI 3/15 going back 10 years. I received the following message:

"Error on loading chart data for SI 05-05 Nymex: E,Invalid Symbol"

I have chart data, but I use Rancho Dinero's VP software, and it fails to construct a profile with this error.

I reduced the look-back period from 3600 days to 3100. Now it is presenting the same message but for the 09-06 contract.

Then I reduced it to 2900 days. The message was the same but for the 03-07 contract.

Please advise.
    Last edited by nepenthean; 01-18-2015, 08:23 PM.

Hello nepenthean,

What IQFeed client do you have currently installed? You can check this at Windows Control Panel-->Programs and Features. Make sure you have version 5.1.0.5. If not, please download and install it from the IQFeed connection guide below.

Can you please disconnect IQFeed in NinjaTrader and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab. Click Reset Instruments and shut down NinjaTrader.

Subsequently delete the db-->cache folder. You can find the folder at the location below.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->cache

Start NinjaTrader and connect to IQFeed. Check if data is loaded without error.

The cache folder is used to quickly load data in charts - the actual data is saved in the tick, minute and day folders. So the first time you load chart data after deleting the db-->cache folder, it will take a little longer to load than usual. Once all data is loaded, it will load data quickly again.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1) I have the IQ Client 5.1.1.3 I followed the steps provided and still have the error.

2) If I have 10 years of min data on my computer for 3 instruments, all I have to do is import this data into the 'minute' folder?

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Attn Jason, Error on loading chart data' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Yes, you can find instructions to export and import historical data at the link below.

Export

Import
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM