Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 8 release date

Hello,
    Does anyone know when NinjaTrade 8 is coming out ?
    It's been years now and nothing seems to be happening.
    Thanks.

Hello yellowTrader,

Unfortunately we do not have a release date at this time when NinjaTrader 8 will be released.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's a shame nothing has come out since 2012 , not even a beta version !!!
      I could have walked to the moon and back by this time.

Comment

Please see the post (#95) below from our founder and CEO regarding the status of NinjaTrader 8.
        NT v8 moved to a multi threaded framework. Integrating a v7 indicator without re-writing the code to take advantage of the framework defeats the purpose of the upgrade to v8. Additionally NT v8 has re-worked the page display code to facilitate faster load as well as other benefits. Having the source code is the only solution to ensuring you are not beholden to a company that is not responsive to their customer base. De-compiling is a straightforward process giving you the source code and hiring competent …

NinjaTrader is out of primary development. What we are doing right now is:

Heavy internal QA work
        Performance profiling --> Improving memory utilization and reducing CPU cycles
        Fit and finish
        Help Guide completion

In short, we are making sure that the product is up to spec and clearing out as many bugs as we can find before we are comfortable labeling it as beta. We will release to a smaller group first before unleashing it to the general public. I don’t have a specific beta release data as of today but it’s much sooner than later.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There are a lot of NT users that come to this site looking for information. Not to mention that I am sure that a lot of new NT Users have never heard of these other sites. Or they have no interest in those sites.

Could you please post any information concerning NT8 or other NT7 issues here instead of making us track down the info elsewhere. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Good point, TAJTrades.
            This site only want to sell, sell and sell.

Comment

Originally posted by snakepatob View Post
              Good point, TAJTrades.
              This site only want to sell, sell and sell.
              What you're saying has no basis in fact whatsoever.

I've been using this Forum for three years now and I've only had a live trading licence in the past couple of months.

In all that time, when I wasn't paying Ninja a penny, I got nothing but the best quality support from the brilliant Ninja staffers in this Forum (as well as the occasional call when my own set-up had a problem or two) and there was never once any pressure to 'sign up', as it were.

Your accusation that this site "only wants to sell, sell and sell" has no basis in reality and certainly none of the old Forum hands would agree with you for one second.

I would be very interested to see any evidence you have for this assertion.

Comment

Nothing to do with the NinjaTrader Support forum but with the site mentioned below by NinjaTrader_Jason.

Comment

Originally posted by snakepatob View Post
                  Nothing to do with the NinjaTrader Support forum but with the site mentioned below by NinjaTrader_Jason.
                  OK then. A misunderstanding. Glad that's cleared up.

But I've found that the site Jason mentioned to be full of hugely help advice and videos. The guy who runs it has a right to cover his expenses somehow, hasn't he? He doesn't have a product of his own.

I've never seen it as 'sell, sell, sell' but we'll have to agree to differ on that one.

End of discussion, I hope, and let's concentrate in getting our own Ninja strategies into the best possible shape!

Comment

Dear arbuthnot, a hug.

Comment

Beta to Final

How long should it be to go from Beta 8 to Final 8? Example if Beta was released in April 2015(as estimated on BM), Final would be 4 months later? ....August 2015.

Comment

Hello Dog-mb,

We expect the beta to be relatively short however I am not able to provide a range at this time as this will ultimately depend on the results of the beta and user feedback.
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How long can use V7

Once V8 Final is released, how long will be allowed to keep using V7 with NinjaTraderBroker?

Comment

Hello,

There is no planned expiration data for NinjaTrader Brokerage service with NinjaTrader 7.
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Dog-mb View Post
                              Once V8 Final is released, how long will be allowed to keep using V7 with NinjaTraderBroker?
                              While nothing is planned, looking back on nt 6.5, for futures, if i remember correctly, a new flag required by cme turned it obsolete. I guess TDA would still work in it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kulwinder73