Accessing Fib retracements 'underneath' extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accessing Fib retracements 'underneath' extensions

On a chart, I draw a Fibonacci retracement connecting points A and B, and a Fibonacci extension connecting points A, B and C. If I click on the line connecting points A and B, I have selected the extension.

The only way I have found to access the retracement is to move the extension line out of the way (i.e., move the A-B line of the extension so that it connects a different point). Obviously this is a clunky solution as it requires a move out of the way followed by moving the extension back to its place.

Is there an easier way to access retracement lines that are 'underneath' extension lines?

Originally posted by dolomite View Post
    On a chart, I draw a Fibonacci retracement connecting points A and B, and a Fibonacci extension connecting points A, B and C. If I click on the line connecting points A and B, I have selected the extension.

The only way I have found to access the retracement is to move the extension line out of the way (i.e., move the A-B line of the extension so that it connects a different point). Obviously this is a clunky solution as it requires a move out of the way followed by moving the extension back to its place.

Is there an easier way to access retracement lines that are 'underneath' extension lines?
    First change the z-order, so that what you want to move is at the top.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/m...rt-Z-Order.htm

Comment

Hi dolomite,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can adjust the the z-order of the chart by left clicking the Fibonacci extension (you will see the anchor points appear) and then Hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard and roll the mouse scroll wheel to change the z-order of the object.

Below, I've included a link on the NinjaTrader help guide on Navigating a chart, please see the section on How to change the z-order (paint order) of a chart's object for more information.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_a_chart.htm
      Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you both. That is much easier than having to move the extension line to access the retracement line!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post nandhumca  
        Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post The_Sec