Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can multiple users view the same account in real time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can multiple users view the same account in real time?

Hi, I will try to explain this situation clearly:

Person A has an account.
    Person B will be trading on the account via Ninjatrader.

Is there a way for person A to view the trades that person B is taking (and other account activity), in real time? My broker does not have a way to see what your account is doing via their website in real time.

I spoke with them though and they said that it will be possible for each of us to view the same account at the same time, from our own respective Ninja platforms. I am curious as to how exactly one would accomplish this. Is it as simple as both of us logging into the same account? Any input would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by ra1den; 01-23-2015, 12:04 PM.

Hello,

Yes, you will be able to accomplish this, but there are a few things to keep in mind. First, Persons A and B will need to be using separate NinjaTrader licenses to be logged on at the same time. Second, you will need to ensure that your brokerage account will allow two people to be connected to the same account at the same time.

With two people logged into the same account at the same time, Person B will see Person A's trades live, and the orders will be considered "External" on Person B's platform. You may run into issues with historical account performance, though, because account performance data is stored locally in the database on your PC.

If Person A only ever traded while Person B was also connected, and Person B did not take any trades themselves, then the account performance reports should theoretically be in line with each other, but it would probably be safer for Person A to simply export account performance reports and send them to Person B manually.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks, so there are some brokers that have rules against this? Do you happen to know of any off the top of your head? The person I spoke with from AMP said this is indeed allowed.

Comment

Hello,

I can't say that I've heard of this not being allowed with any specific broker, but it is conceivable that some brokers may have this limitation. It will best to discuss this with specific brokers individually. If AMP has confirmed that this is okay, then you should be good to go.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hello again,

I just tried logging into my live AMP account with a DEMO license key, and I was able to do so (but it didn't show my live account balance), however when I tried to simultaneously also be online on another computer with my LIVE license key( using the same live AMP account), it forced a disconnect. This surprised me, as I was using two different Ninja license keys. Do both license keys need to be live for this to work?
          Last edited by ra1den; 01-24-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Hello ra1den,
            Thank you for the post.
            Please contact your broker(AMP) for more information on multiple connections for your account.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
            Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes