Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blank Screen

I just found Ninjatrader online yesterday, That advertising works

... First hurdle... I have no idea how to connect. When I click on any one of the links in the list below to bring up CL 03-15 A blank screen appears. I do not have a broker at this point. I need to practice before committing treasure. I assumed that Kinetick did not require a broker.
    Is there an instructional video or manual that tells the prerequisite requirements for activation of each item on the list below?
    I found "Basic NT Tutorial part 1" on NT's Youtube Channel ... The guy assumes that when you follow his setup instructions and then click the chart appears. It doesnt. Thats where Im stuck.

Specifically:
    What are the prerequisites for connecting using
    1. External Data Feed
    2. Kinetick
    3. Market Replay Connection
    4. Simulated Data Feed

Thanks
    G

Hello,

Welcome to our forums -- we're glad that you found us. Before getting into the pre-built connections, the best option for you to start practicing with live market data will be to sign up for a free trial of the Continuum data feed, which will allow you to trade using the built-in Sim101 account with real world data. You can sign up for a demo at the publicly available link below:

http://www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com/...s_trading_demo

For a detailed walkthrough of setting up the demo connection, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

To answer your question about the pre-built data feeds, there is no prerequisite to use any of these except the External Data Feed:

1) The External Data Feed is used to connect to external API's to integrate a third-party application with NinjaTrader. This connection is generally for advanced users with very specific needs.

2) The Kinetick End-of-Day (Free) connection will provide daily data that is updated at the end of each day. This connection will not provide minute or tick data, but you can always view daily data for free here.

3) The Market Replay connection will allow you to essentially replay live market data from previous days, at various speeds. For more information on using Market Reply, please see the following help guide article: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ket_replay.htm

4) The Simulated Data Feed will generate fake data in real-time, and provide you with a "trend slider" to control which way the market trends. This connection is most useful for simply testing out the features of the platform without the need to connect to a live data feed.

One last word -- creating a new connection is a pretty straightforward process, but it can be tricky the first time you do it. I'll be happy to get on a phone call with you and help you set up a demo account connection (once you sign up for the demo and receive your username and password), and show you the basics of charting and trading with NinjaTrader, if you would like. Simply send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com, and reference ticket # 1243138.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes