PSTR events in output window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSTR events in output window

I keep getting these PSTR events in the output window occasionally during the day. Many of these events occur when I first start NT7 and then open a chart for the first time that is minimized. There is no strategy running in the chart I open.

I have searched the NT directories to find the PSTR string but cannot. None of the strategy .xml files contain this string.

How do I track down what is causing this.

The only clue here is the string is actually 101PSTR. Could this have to do with the Replay account or the Sim account, both which have '101' in their name?

This is not causing problems but it is application overhead I would like to stop.

thanks

Hello gdavis74,

Thank you for your post.

Can you provide the full message and/or screenshot of the message?

Comment

I will provide the output window. Waiting for another occurrence.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gdavis74 View Post
        I keep getting these PSTR events in the output window occasionally during the day. Many of these events occur when I first start NT7 and then open a chart for the first time that is minimized. There is no strategy running in the chart I open.

I have searched the NT directories to find the PSTR string but cannot. None of the strategy .xml files contain this string.

How do I track down what is causing this.

The only clue here is the string is actually 101PSTR. Could this have to do with the Replay account or the Sim account, both which have '101' in their name?

This is not causing problems but it is application overhead I would like to stop.

thanks
        Could you kindly explain what a 'PSTR event' actually is?

I'd be very interested to know.

Thanks.

Comment

ughh, I have 2 threads on this. I will figure out which one to shut down. The PSTR messages look like this:
          1/26/2015 11:27:00 AM101 PSTR = 277
          1/26/2015 11:28:00 AM101 PSTR = 159
          1/26/2015 11:30:00 AM101 PSTR = 812
          1/26/2015 11:30:00 AM101 PSTR = 72
          1/26/2015 11:30:28 AM101 PSTR = 138

The value varies.

I have no clue what is causing this message to print. I have searched all Ninja trader folders for PSTR and it does not show up.

I am going to run a chkdsk tonight to make sure there are no disk errors and will also try a DB repair.

Comment

Ok, I just switched over to my laptop and have chkdsk running on my desktop computer. I can see the Customer Indicators directory on this laptop but not on the desktop pc. I expect the chkdsk I am running to hopefully clear this up. Will report back. Thanks for the support as always !

Comment

Could someone please tell me what 'PSTR' stands for?

This would help have a tiny understanding of what's happening here.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

I am not certain what PSTR is, but likely these are prints from a custom indicator in your installation.

Comment

Likely it is a print statement from a custom .dll indicator. You may not ever find what you are looking for using explorer to search in that case.

Dan
                  eDanny
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by gdavis74 View Post
                    Ok, I just switched over to my laptop and have chkdsk running on my desktop computer. I can see the Customer Indicators directory on this laptop but not on the desktop pc. I expect the chkdsk I am running to hopefully clear this up. Will report back. Thanks for the support as always !
                    Your first troubleshooting step would be to remove all your NinjaScript Assemblies, and see if it stops. After that it is a matter of adding them back in one at a time until the culprit shows its hand. I suspect it must be an assembly only because you claim to have run a text search on the files in the open-source indicator directory. Incidentally, did you run your text search on the Strategy directory too?

Comment

I figured it out. Started with a blank workspace and started a new chart. The Weiss wave indicator is printing the statements. I matched up the outputs with values the indicator provides for volume. Thanks for all the input and feedback. And you must be right about the dll thing. Could not find that string in any search. Done with this one finally. By the way, there is a new .NET Framework update

Later

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post mattbsea  
                      Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes