Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to display replay data for more than a day on a replay chart

Dear Support Staff,

I've actually seen a similar problem posted previously but the solution wasn't discussed and so I have to ask a similar question here.

I'm using the NT 7 (free version) and I am unable to display the data beyond a single day. For example, if I set up market replay data over three days, the data will display for day one if my time slider is placed anywhere in day one. As soon as I move my slider into day two, day one data disappears and now I only get day two data displayed. I have tried 5 min and 30 min charts and they behave in the same way as above.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Convex.

Hello Convex,

Thank you for your post.

This is due to the Market Replay data not being true historical data. If we load a certain date and only have Market Replay data for the day prior, it will not back fill that data. However, if you play through that prior date that has Market Replay data into the desired date (the next day) you will see the data as historical.

Comment

Thanks for quick response.

I'm not really fully understanding all that you have said. So how would I get a 30 min chart that spans for 5 days as an example? What about a daily chart that spans over 6 months?

Comment

Hello Convex,

For either chart you would begin playing it from the start to the end point, unless you have Historical Data from a data feed provider for the dates you wish to replay/view.

Comment

Dear Patrick,

After some experimentation, I get what you are saying. Thanks.

Using CL (Crude) futures as an example, if I want to set up the replay daily chart that spans several months, how I do set up the replay daily chart since each monthly contract has a different contract name. How do I make configure NT to make a automatic transition based on expiry date for each monthly contract or volume? For some days near monthly contract expiry, I had downloaded both the current month and next month data. How would NT handle these "duplicate" data?

Regards,

Convex.

Comment

Hello Convex,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, the Market Replay does not transition from each expiry to the next. Each expiry is replayed as it's own instrument.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post geddyisodin  
            Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes