plot numerical value of 15min indicator on 1m chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plot numerical value of 15min indicator on 1m chart

1 I was wondering if there's a way to plot the indicator on my 15min chart on the 1m? I just want to keep track of it, just as long as see the value go up and down.
    2. I also would like to make an alert for my volume, when it is 2x the moving avg. I'm pretty new to ninja and would appreciate any assistance.

Hello renman,

If you are wanting to use a 1 minute input series for an indicator on a 15 minute chart, this can be done by adding a second series to the chart and hiding it.

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_6B...A14C398CA140D7

Regarding an alert when the volume is twice the distance from the volume moving average, this can be done but would require custom programming in an indicator to achieve.

We do have resources to help you begin creating NinjaScript Strategies/Indicators.

The best way to begin learning NinjaScript is to use the Strategy Wizard. With the Strategy Wizard you can setup conditions and variables and then see the generated code in the NinjaScript Editor by clicking the View Code button.

I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: Automated Strategy Development Level 1 - NinjaTrader Training - 3/26/2013

We also have great resources in relation to Strategy Development on our Support Forum. There is a very active developer community in our support forum that supplements the responses provided by NinjaTrader support staff providing all users with an exceptional support experience.
    Take me to your support forum!

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)

We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.

Further, the following link is to our help guide with an alphabetical reference list to all supported methods, properties, and objects that are used in NinjaScript.
    Alphabetical Reference

We also have a few tutorials in our help guide for both Indicators and Strategies.
    Indicator tutorials
    Strategy tutorials
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by renman View Post
      1 I was wondering if there's a way to plot the indicator on my 15min chart on the 1m? I just want to keep track of it, just as long as see the value go up and down.
      2. I also would like to make an alert for my volume, when it is 2x the moving avg. I'm pretty new to ninja and would appreciate any assistance.
      Renman,

Chelsea's given you some superb advice there. Over the past couple of years, I've done just about everything Chelsea suggested and have benefited hugely.

The coding you're looking for wouldn't be that difficult and an experienced user may be happy to do it for you, esp. as you're new to the Forum.

But it would be an idea to clarify some points re the alert:

- what type of moving average do you use here and what period?

- what type of chart? (This is useful not essential: minute, range, renko...)

- where do want any visual alert? (on the VOL indicator, on the main chart...)

The more precise you are, the easier it would be to help out.

Anyway, I hope it all works out.

Comment

arbuthnot,

I used a 21sma over the volume bars on a 1min chart.

I also would like the values from my 15min chart to be shown on my 1min chart. The actual graph is a waste of real estate.

Please let me know if you need more details. I'll definitely look into those links.

Thanks for the quick response Chelsea and arbuthnot

Comment

arbuthnot,

I used a 21sma over the volume bars on a 1min chart.

I also would like the values from my 15min chart to be shown on my 1min chart. The actual graph is a waste of real estate.

Please let me know if you need more details. I'll definitely look into those links.

Thanks for the quick response Chelsea and arbuthnot
          Forgive me, what values do you want from your 15min chart? In post #1, you said 'the indicator'. Which indicator? Or do you mean dots or something to represent every 15th minute bar on the minute?

Please: every coder, either a professional consultant or just a trader like yours sincerely who's trying to help out in their spare time. (I have no spare time, but still...) needs every bit of info, including the music you'll be listening to when you're trading.

Almost.

But you get the point.

Hear from you.

Cheers.
          Last edited by arbuthnot; 01-27-2015, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Plot 15 min indicators on a 1-minute chart.

Two approaches:

(1) You can add a secondary bar series of 15-min data to your 1-min chart. The 15-min bars can then be set to transparent, but you can still use them as input values for a SMA.

(2) Alternatively, you can add the VisualSMA to your chart, which calculates indicator values from any of the selectable input series, Attached is a chart that shows the VisualSMA. The plot is a 20-period SMA calculated from 15-min bars and displayed on a 1-min bar series. The indicator can be found here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

For the volume alert, you could have a look at one of the BetterVolume indicators. The alert is not based on the condition that volume be higher than 2 times the selected moving average, but it reacts to a new 20-bar high of volume, which is then identified as climax bar. The indicator also detects churn bars, climax churn bars and low volume bars and comes with sound alerts.

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies
            Attached Files

Comment

Actually the indicator I want to pull from the 15min is the Chaikin Money Flow. I would like the numerical value from the 15min chart to show on the 1min. I used sierra charting right now and they had this feature.

Comment

Hello renman,

Add a 15 minute series to your chart. Set the colors for this data series to transparent. Use the 15 minute series Close prices as the input series for the Chaikin Money Flow.

Below is a link to demonstrate.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_6B...A14C398CA140D7
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DanielSanMartin  
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM