Market Replay DOM update speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay DOM update speed

Is there a way to change the speed of the DOM during market replay? I see that ninjatrader downloads all the tick data, however while replaying the data, it appears that it only updates the dom about once per second. I would like it to update the DOM real time so I can see how the dom is actually moving. This option would only need to be enabled at the 1x play speed.

Hello habibalex,

Unfortunately, the SuperDOM does not have such a setting. Try the following. Can you please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without opening workspaces on startup.

- Shut down NinjaTrader
    - Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    - Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    - After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to the Market Replay. Create a new SuperDOM and check if prices are updated quicker.

You can open your workspaces at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

why would i need to do that if there is no option to change the DOM update speed?

Comment

I suspect you have too many windows opened in total when you are connected to the Market Replay which causes the SuperDOM to update only once per second. Can you please check if it updates quicker when you only have a SuperDOM opened in NinjaTrader.

Comment

no it is the same, about 1 update per second. on a related note, how do i hide the ATM Strategy area at the bottom of the DOM? I've attached a picture of the area i'm talking about.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

What instrument do you have selected when it only updates once per second? Could it be that market was not very volatile for the time you replay?

What happens if you select the ES 03-15 and replay the open (9:30 AM EST). Does it update prices in the SuperDOM only once per second as well?

This can be disabled by selecting the Greater/Less than symbol next to the REV button on the SuperDOM
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_CalH; 02-06-2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888
            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses