Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What license is best for me?

Hello fellow traders,

Currently I have a lifetime single broker license that is used for a live account. I am thinking to open another trading account, and would like to take the opportunity to try another broker. What would be a better option for me: upgrade my license to multi broker one, or get a new single license? With the multi broker license, can I use it on multiple PCs simultaneously?

Thanks.

Hello leizhenhua,

Please note that it is against the EULA (end user license agreement) to trade live on multiple computers simultaneously using the same live license key. If you like to trade live on two computers simultaneously, you will need 2 license keys. As long as you trade live in one instance at a time, you can use one live license key.

So if you like to use 2 PC's, I suggest to obtain another single broker license key. If you intend to trade both accounts in one PC, I suggest to upgrade to a multi broker license key.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason. Would you please explain how the multi broker license works? I never use one before, but I guess it allows two connections and then two accounts appears. Is that correct?

Comment

Yes, you can connect to all supported broker technologies in one NinjaTrader instance with the multi broker license key. So you would create two broker technology connections - one for each broker/account. Subsequently connect to both of them at Control Center-->File-->Connect.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So I have a VPS and a lifetime license. I can trade live on it and backtest (ie not execute live trades) on my home PC with that same license, since I'm only actively trading on 1 of them?

Comment

Hello thekreme,

A secondary license key would be required for the PC where you are not trading live. With that said, I can provide you with a free license key which would allow for this if you will contact me at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. Please include a link to this forum thread in your message so that I can identify you.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by leizhenhua View Post
              Thank you Jason. Would you please explain how the multi broker license works? I never use one before, but I guess it allows two connections and then two accounts appears. Is that correct?
              The advantage of multibroker connection for me is this.

Dorman broker with Rithmic connection supplies my futures (ES) for trading.
              I use 2nd connection with TD Ameritrade for some market data, and some stocks.

Kinectic would also be a good open for 2nd connection to get market data or live quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                The advantage of multibroker connection for me is this.

Dorman broker with Rithmic connection supplies my futures (ES) for trading.
                I use 2nd connection with TD Ameritrade for some market data, and some stocks.

Kinectic would also be a good open for 2nd connection to get market data or live quotes.
                Hey Sledge as far as you know can you do this with Multicharts without any extra licensing?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie0101 View Post
                  Hey Sledge as far as you know can you do this with Multicharts without any extra licensing?
                  Wait - Are you asking if I know if multicharts is multibroker? I have no clue.

original response:

No, I didn't know. I just went and looked it up.

I see Ninjatrader is $2 cheaper for a multibroker lifetime license. $1495 vs $1497.
                  Last edited by sledge; 02-05-2015, 07:42 PM. Reason: I think I see the question

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aussugardefender  
                  Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Nyman