Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enable strategy after disconnection datafeedprovider

Hi there.

My datafeedprovider (Kinetick) was disconnected this morning. As a result of this disconnection my strategy was automatically disabled.
    At that moment my strategy had already triggered a breakeventrigger. So I'm protected for a loss.
    How do I enable the strategy again so I reach the situation before disconnection datafeed (breakeven triggered for loss)?

thx in advance

Rob

Hello Rob,

The settings at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Strategies-->NinjaScript-tab are important in this regard. You can select either 'Wait until flat before executing live' or 'Immediately submit live working historical orders'. Together with the 'Synch account position' (located in the strategy settings when you enable a strategy), it determines how the strategy will behave on startup. Please see the link below for information.

So you need to avoid 'Wait until flat before executing live' since it will cancel active orders previously generated by the strategy.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason.

I have still Kinetick datafeed connection problems. In the taskbar of CC the connection is still green and not red. No problems on Kineticks side according to them. Do you have any idea?

Regards,

Rob.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Rob,

What connection state is reflected last in the Log-tab? Please scroll all the way up and check if it states 'Connected'. When NinjaTrader loses connection, it will try to re-connect automatically. This is seen in your screenshot.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:

- ISP issues
        - Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
        - Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
        - Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Comment

Hi Jason.

In the attachment screenshot of the log.
          What are the best settings of Ninjatrader and where do I adjust these settings to avoid situations as described?

Regards,

Rob.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Rob,

It shows you are connected. The green color in the Control Center is correct.

Unfortunately there are no settings in NinjaTrader that will avoid disconnections. There are no settings in NinjaTrader itself that cause disconnections either. Disconnections can occur and are not dictated by NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello Jason.

It shows I'm connected. The green color in the Control Center is correct if I'm connected but I'm not.
              This is a discrepancy I cannot explain. Do you?

Comment

How do you determine that you are not connected?

The last connection update in the Control Center-->Log-tab states: kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected. The Control Center states 'Connected' in green as well.

Comment

Hello jason.

This morning when I woke up the price was frozen @5.03.01. From that time no quotes (see attachment).
                  Had to disconnect and connect again to get quotes and to enable the strategy again
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for clarifying. Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Attn Jason, enable strategy after disconnection datafeedprovider' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Hello Jason

I just have send the log and trace files .

Regards

Rob

Comment

I have not received the files so far. Can you please manually attach the log and trace files for today in your email. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. You can send it to jason.hilling[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20150210 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20150210 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

send again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM