Global objects have disappeared (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global objects have disappeared (again)

I had an issue awhile back where my global draw objects disappeared due to running the simulator, because going far back in dates made the platform think the objects were old, and it deleted them. A Ninja rep changed this setting so it wouldn't delete unless an extremely long period of time elapsed, and I've been good until today.

Now I've lost most of my global draw objects again, but this time I didn't go back in time on sim. I didn't do anything actually, I was just charting as usual and I noticed that my global draw objects weren't being shown on one of my charts for some reason, but they would show on the rest of the charts. I closed the chart and reopened the same timeframe, but it still wouldn't show global objects on that specific timeframe, yet they would show on every other timeframe.

I then switched workspaces to see if it would help, then switched back, and then all of my global draw objects older than a couple days were gone on ALL timeframes. I also tried closing the platform and reopening, but that doesn't change anything.

To clarify, I noticed the problem with global draw objects not updating on one of my charts even before switching workspaces, so the workspace switching is not the issue. Also, in my alternate workspace, every chart lost an indicator that was attached to it. Perhaps some relation? It's never happened before.

My platform seems to be just generally malfunctioning out of control. Any idea on what would be causing these various issues?
    Last edited by ra1den; 02-03-2015, 10:15 PM.

Hello*ra1den,

Please send me your workspaces, log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support, checking the box 'Workspace files and UI settings'.

Please reference the following *in the body of the email:*http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=400374
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, thanks for your reply Christopher. There is some stuff on the charts that I am not supposed to share due to it being proprietary, would it be enough to exclude the chart objects and just send the log files etc? Is this even possible?

Comment

Alternatively, I would be open to wiping everything and starting over with a fresh install, however I'd rather not have to open all of my individual charts again. Could I save my workspace charts and session settings etc, and still wipe everything else, so that whatever bugs are happening would be gone? I'm OK with losing my current objects, but I'd rather not have to go through and open each individual timeframe again. But I don't want whichever bugs are happening to carry over to a new install.
        Last edited by ra1den; 02-04-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Hello ra1den,

Thank you for your response.

It is possible to uninstall and re-install the platform without affecting your files and settings. Please follow the instructions below to uninstall without removing your files and settings.
          1. Close all running applications.
          2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
          3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
          4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
          5. Reboot your machine.
          6. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
          7. http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
            Hello ra1den,

Thank you for your response.

It is possible to uninstall and re-install the platform without affecting your files and settings. Please follow the instructions below to uninstall without removing your files and settings.
            1. Close all running applications.
            2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
            3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
            4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
            5. Reboot your machine.
            6. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
            7. http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
            Thanks for your reply Patrick. If I do it this way, isn't it likely that the bug causing my issues will be carried over to the new install? I was hoping to just keep the charts (with nothing attached to them) and my session data and stuff like that.

Comment

Hello ra1den,

Unfortunately, we could not keep the charts without everything attached unless we first altered the templates and workspaces.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please place this thread in the subject line: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=71739"

Comment

Thanks, I believe I had it sent through the platform as you suggested. Afterwards a popup for a microsoft Outlook setup showed up, does this mean the mail didn't get sent?

Comment

Hello ra1den,

Correct, the e-mail was likely not sent. Please manually attach your most current log and trace files to an e-mail to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please place this thread in the subject line: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=71739"

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                  • The log file will be named "log.20150204.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                  • The trace file will be named "trace.20140204.txt"

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                  Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes