Replay not Replaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replay not Replaying

I'm trying to get the Re-Play to work. I've connected to "Market Replay Connection", opened a new chart and selected "ES 03-15", selected a date in both from and to that has data and press Play but nothing is happening. The chart populates and I can use the slider to move through the data, but the actual replay is not playing the market data tick-by-tick. Is there another step?

Update ---- It is working now. Not sure what happened to get it working but it is.
    Last edited by contactwiley; 02-06-2015, 06:59 AM.

Hello contactwiley,

Can you please right click in the Market Replay control window and select 'Available Data'. Click the plus icon in front of the ES 03-15. You will now see for what dates and times you have data. Could it be there is no data for the time that is being replayed?

You can download market replay data at Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Download Replay Data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi cannot get a chart working for kinetick, end of the day data can you refer me to information

Comment

Hello Bill123,

Could it be you have a minute or tick based interval selected in the chart? The free Kinetick EOD connection only provides historical daily data. So it will only load data in daily, weekly, monthly and yearly charts.

What instruments did you try so far? Do you load data if you create a daily ES 03-15 chart?

Comment

Back Testing Automated System

Hi yes i am looking for a 5 minute chart to test an automated system. If daily and weekly is all that is provided in market reply then I will have to try something else. I have a Interactive Brokers account. I tried to hook it up to use that for data but when I tried to hook it up the system wouldn't allow it. Can you direct me to information or a video on hooking this up successfully?

Comment

Please see the IB connection guide at the link below.

Only daily, weekly, monthly and yearly data is supported by Kinetick EOD. The Market Replay connection does support minute/tick based charts to replay in realtime. Please note that historical data as per the 'Days to load' setting in the Data Series menu of the chart is not loaded from the Market Replay connection. It will load from historical data you have present in NinjaTrader. You can check the historical data present in NinjaTrader at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab.

Comment

hi i am trying the replay data that you suggested. Followed the steps for CL 03-15 says that download is in progress, see control status bar for progress. must be blind, cannot see control status bar

Comment

Hello Bill123,

Thank you for your response.

The Control Center status bar is located on the bottom right hand corner of the Control Center.

Comment

NinjaTrader at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Edit-tab. When i choose a contract the save option is not working

Comment

Have you edited any of the files?

Comment

When you say edit, what do you mean exactly?

Comment

Hello Bill123,

Thank you for your response.

The Save option is only available after editing the data. For information on editing data please refer to the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t7/editing.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                        7 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post yertle
                        by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes