Strange issue since today with Sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange issue since today with Sessions

I am having a strange issue since today. I've been running a strategy for a while on forex, using FXCM as a provider. I use the Forex template for my session templates on the fx-pairs.

Since today I'm getting the following error:
    2/9/2015 12:15:31 PM Default FXCM LIVE: Downloading historical data for $USOIL failed: Reason='unsupported scope', Description=No data found for symbolID=2001, interval=100, startTimeStamp=20150206-23:00:00, endTimeStamp=20150207-23:01:01!

When I change the session to Default 24/7 I get no backfill problems.

It looks like it tries to backfill some today from last friday after the 5PM close. But I've never had this problem.

I have my Forex session template set at 5pm > 5pm Sunday > Thursday EST

It seems it only gives the error on Monday when I have 2 day look-back. When I use a 3 day look back it runs fine.

Bug maybe?

Anyone got an idea what might cause this, and is there any problem with using the Default 24/7 for forex template?

Thanks.
    Last edited by siroki; 02-09-2015, 05:30 AM.

Hello siroki,

Likely the instrument is not correctly configured in NinjaTrader. Can you please disconnect FXCM and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab. Click Reset Instruments and restart NinjaTrader. Subsequently check if the error message persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, I have same problem..try to do as you told. The problem still persist. Please Help.
      Thanks

Comment

Hello arekey,

Can you please send me your log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Attn Jason, Strange issue since today with Sessions' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Hi Jason.
          Ok done thats. You should received the email together with attachement

Comment

Hello arekey,

I have not received any files so far. Can you please send me your log and trace files manually. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20150310 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20150310 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason, Strange issue since today with Sessions' in the subject field.

Comment

Done, sending the email tru Gmail now

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by proptradingshop, Today, 10:07 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by sofortune, Today, 10:28 AM