Entering Limit orders in both directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entering Limit orders in both directions

I am trying to use a strategy that requires both short and long limit orders to be open at the same time. However i typically get an error about order handling rules.

How would someone do this? basically I want to do both "EnterShortSTopLimit()" and "EnterLongStopLimit()" on the same bar...when the market moves in my direction I cancel the other order.

Hello,

The managed methods are actually designed to prevent you from entering multiple orders in the opposite direction. In order to accomplish this, you will need to use the unmanaged approach.

For more information on using the unmanaged order-entry methods, please see the help guide article below, as well as the sub-topics listed beneath this page in the help-guide navigation pane:

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 02-11-2015, 03:04 PM.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by aufidius View Post
      I am trying to use a strategy that requires both short and long limit orders to be open at the same time. However i typically get an error about order handling rules.

How would someone do this? basically I want to do both "EnterShortSTopLimit()" and "EnterLongStopLimit()" on the same bar...when the market moves in my direction I cancel the other order.
      You would have to use the Unmanaged methods of order entry. The Managed methods will not let you do that because those methods are explicitly coded to prevent you doing that.

Comment

that seems to solve half of my problem. umanaged orders support limit and stop orders but there is no way to set a profit target. So I guess I just have to monitor for the price to hit my target and submit a market order?

Update..ignore me.. i figured it out. just needed some more coffee
        Last edited by aufidius; 02-09-2015, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh  
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        10 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post frankthearm