Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninja trader crashes on loading data

Hi there,

Ninja Trader crashes, when I try to load historical data that lies more than 300 days in the past. I need to load that much, because of strategy analysis.

Best, Thorsten

Hello Thorsten,

Can you please try the following. Take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without opening workspaces on startup.

- Shut down NinjaTrader
    - Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    - Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    - After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed. Open the Historical Data Manager at Control Center-->Tools. Use the Download-tab to load the historical data you need and check if the issue recurs.

You can open your workspaces at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace.

If the issue remains, please tell to what data feed provider you connect and for what instrument you request data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It still doesn't work. When the chart loaded and when it switches to the chart type, it crashes.

Comment

Ok, so you can now load the requested data initially. However when you switch to a different interval, it crashes.

Do you experience an error message or is NinjaTrader just not responsive?

Do you have indicators loaded in the chart? If so, please test a chart without any indicators and check if this will make a difference.

In addition, please tell me to what data feed provider you connect and for what instrument you request data.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jason; 02-11-2015, 08:07 AM.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there,

thanks for the two answers. I think I found a way to let the charts plot. I just downloaded tickdata for the pairs I need. Because of my custom-made chartbars, NinjaTrader crashed, but using them in the strategyanalyser is fixing the problem. hopefully

Take care.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes