Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting Sim/Replay Account Balances?

Hi There,

I'm wondering if someone can step me through the process of adjusting the dollar amounts in my sim101 and/or replay101 accounts, such that they match the balance and constraints of my live account. I want to be subject to the same constraints with my sim/replay accounts that I am subject to with my live trading account. Does my question make sense?

For example, I don't want to be able to trade differently by using my sim/replay accounts than I would with my live account - I don't want to be able to trade with 20 contracts if in my live account I wouldn't be able to.

Please let me know if I can ask my question in a different or better way.

Thanks,
    Bill

Hi Bill, thanks for your post.

You can modify the Sim101 account's parameters, such as initial cash, by hand by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Options > Simulator tab. These changes will take effect after resetting your Sim101 account; the command to do that is on the same window (the 'Reset' button on the right).

However, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as though you want your Sim101 account to track your live account in real-time, without having to manually modify and reset the Sim101 account. Unfortunately, this wouldn't be possible at this time. However, I will submit this idea to our development team for consideration for inclusion in a future release of NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Adjusting Sim/Replay Account Balances?

Thanks Alex,

Your solution sounds like exactly what I was talking about. I will give it a shot and let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks again,
      Bill

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post cls71
      by cls71