Continuum Historical Data for this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum Historical Data for this morning

When I try and connect to Continuum this morning, the historical data for this morning is hosed up. Large gap of missing data and this morning starts with time I connect and is missing data from before then for this morning. I have reported on this in the past. Using Continuum w/ NinjaTrader brokerage. I've shut down NT and restated multiple time this morning - same result.

Hello higler,

So that I may confirm the missing data, what instruments and from what begin time to what end time is the data missing?

I would also like you to check a setting for me. Click Tools -> Options... -> Data.
    Is 'Get data from server (if available)' checked?
    Is 'Save chart data as historical' checked?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Instrument was NQ. Missing data was from approximately 7 AM MST to whenever I connected. It is functioning now. I have reported this phenomenon in the past and NT has responded that there was a glitch in historical data server.

Get data from server is checked. Save chart data as historical is NOT checked.

Comment

Hello higler,

I have checked the data for the NQ 03-15 for this morning and yesterday for Minute, Tick, and Day on the NinjaTrader Continuum connection.

I am finding that all of the data is available.

Do you have any error messages in the Log tab of the Control Center?

If so, what do these say?

Also, try restarting NinjaTrader to re-establish a connection to the historical data server, then right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data. This should correct the chart.

Comment

As I said, it's working fine now for me also. I have reported this before and been told it is a historical data server problem. I am always told to log out of NT and log back in. That eventually works once Continuum or whoever fixes their historical issue. In the meantime, I can't trade because my chart calculations aren't accurate and I spend a bunch of time reporting the same issue. It doesn't do any good to say the historical data is good if you check after the problem is resolved. This is happening too often to me. When I log on in the morning and see this phenomenon then I know my morning is shot.

Comment

Hello higler,

That we know of, there have not been any issues with the actual Historical Data Servers today.

You may be getting disconnections to the historical data server on your end, which is causing the data to not be available.

In my post #4 I have asked if you have any errors in the Log tab of the Control Center.

If you are losing your connection to the historical data server due to internet connectivity issues, this will appear as a message in the Log tab of the Control Center.

So, Do you have any error messages in the Log tab of the Control Center?
            If so, what do these say?

Comment

There were connection errors in the log file - see below.

7:53:15 AM: Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (HDS10.NinjaTrader.com/31654): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed

7:56:42 AM: Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (HDS10.NinjaTrader.com/31654): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 208.48.16.130:31654

What does these mean?
              Thank you.

Comment

Hello higler,

These are the messages I am expecting to find in the Log.

This indicates that you are having internet connection issues and often are not able to establish a connection to the historical data server.

This is something that you will want to discuss with your ISP.

Basically, you are likely getting swings in latency that are causing connection issues at random times.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through.

NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:

* ISP issues
                * Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
                * Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.

In order to help determine why this is occurring, can you give me more information regarding your internet connection?

Do you use a hardwired, or a wireless connection?

Who is your ISP?

Comment

Using Comcast. Not much longer, thank goodness. Getting fiber from a competitor soon in our neighborhood. I normally shut off my firewall before connecting for trading. I forgot to do that this morning. Using a wired connection. Thank you.

Comment

Hello higler,

If you have another high speed internet source that is not comcast to test your connection on, this would verify that the issue is with Comcast.

If the firewall is on and preventing NinjaTrader from connecting this could also cause the issue.

(I would recommend adding an exception to the firewall for NinjaTrader)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes