Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay

Hello,
    I am having trouble replaying data from market replay. I am subscribed to Kinetick for live market data and have the full paid up version of NT 7. whatever the latest version is.
    I am trying to replay data for CL##-## ( the continuous contract for crude oil futures). I would like to replay data way back from like 2010. How can I do this? I have tried the download replay data function but it says there is no data available for that instrument/date. Then I have tried downloading data for those dates from the historical data manager. This downloads fine, but when I go to the chart to replay the data - the chart doesn't move. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

Hello Golfr,

Market Replay does not support using ##-##. You will need to select the front month.

Around 90 days of data is available on our servers for download for Market Replay for commonly traded futures and Forex pairs.

Historical data saved on your PC can only be used to backfill charts in Market Replay. You will not be able to replay the data.

Please click here for detailed instructions on downloading and recording market replay data
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

>Please click here for detailed instructions on downloading and recording market replay data

It seems your link did not come through. Can you resend it?

I am also having trouble getting market replay to work. I'm simply trying to get any data from this past week to work.

It seems I have data loaded (when I view Historical Manager, Edit tab, I can drill down to my instrument (CL 04-15), and see second by second tick data).

I closed all my open workspaces and created one with a simple chart with no indicators loaded. I connect to the Market Replay Connection, set my Market Replay date range to a range within the last week, then I click play and the chart does not react (even when fast-forwading to 100x, etc). The time on the Market Replay window shows that it is going, but the chart does not move.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Daniel

PS I am running the latest NT .27 version (64bit, multi-broker)

Comment

neikon

file->utilities->download replay data

there used to be an odd issue replaying weekend data with RTH charts. (switch to ETH). (your mileage may vary).

close down and restart NT if all else fails.

I also see no link in the other post.

Comment

Thank you for the response. Yes, I used the download replay data feature (making sure to select ticks, bid, ask, etc.) I also verified that the data is actually there by going to the Historical Data Manger's "Edit" tab and viewing the actual data.

I tried various Session Templates, including the default instrument settings, various ETH settings, or 24/7, no change... The bars just don't move.

Comment

I have 'download replay data' grayed out! What now?

Comment

Originally posted by kumar View Post
              I have 'download replay data' grayed out! What now?
              Are you connected with a live/demo license?

You can't download while in market replay.

Comment

Thanks. I was connected to 'replay'!
                Related question:
                When I go for the down load, I see only one date - not a date range, I would like to download data for an instrument for the last 6 months. Do I have to do it one day at a time?
                Thanks again, much appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by kumar View Post
                  Thanks. I was connected to 'replay'!
                  Related question:
                  When I go for the down load, I see only one date - not a date range, I would like to download data for an instrument for the last 6 months. Do I have to do it one day at a time?
                  Thanks again, much appreciate.
                  No, NT can't do it.

You have to do something like this:

The Intentional Trader aims to provide you with the new market replay data downloader NinjaTrader 8. You can download multiple days in one click and rest easy as your replay data downloads. Contact us now!

Comment

Got it. Thanks sledge.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                    24 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post spwizard  
                    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                    0 responses