Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close wrong position

Hi,

Imagine you have several strategies working in your strategy TAB and for whatever the reason they made a wrong trade. How do you close that position and force your strategy not to trade for the rest of the session??.

I mean, on Friday 3 of my strategies open a wrong position. I close all together buy adding 3 sell orders (market price) in "orders tab" but they were not attached to any strategy so when session was about to close strategies sell 3 contracts to close positions at the of session (as they should if they were already opened). How can avoid that?

Regards,

Fernando

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

To prevent the strategy from trading and to close the existing positions you would want to do the following:

In the control center window, Click Strategies.
    Locate the strategy in questing and un check the checkbox to disable the strategy.
    Next click the Positions Tab.
    In this tab, locate the unwanted positions and right click each and click Close Position.

This process would stop the strategy first and prevent any more orders, next you manually close each position so you are not closing all positions but being selective. This would also prevent stopping other strategies and only close the positions you mean to.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

Thank you for your answer. It was what I needed.

Regards,

Fernando

Comment

Jesse,

One more hesitation. For whatever the reason one of the strategies name SistemaL6c (see attached image) is holding a non real position. That position appeared because I close it without disabling strategy as you recommend, so strategy keep it but it does not appear in Position Tab. How can I end it?

Regards,

Fernando
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Fernando,

Your strategy will not track any outside orders made, this includes any positions closed. Strategies also have their own position tracking.

You will need to disable and re-enable the strategy.

Additionally, what are your strategy settings for starting it? Tools -> Options -> Strategies -> NinjaScript
          Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Cal,

I already disabled and re-enabled strategy but unfortunately it does not work. Please find attached a screenshot about Options...Ninjascript setting. Today I reenabled startegy and it was tracking the same wrong position as yesterady and Friday.

Regards,

Fernando
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the image.

It looks like you had closed the position but did not disable the strategy first. This caused the strategy to think there is a position even though you had closed it.

If you will be manually closing a position please ensure to disable the strategy first so it is no longer working. If you still see the position you can try a couple of things.

First ensure you are not in a position on the instrument currently, you can view this in the positions tab. If you are go ahead and close the position.

Next try removing the strategy from the strategy tab and re adding it and enabling it. you can do this through the right click menu. If you still see the position at this point please let me know.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
              JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

Position has dissapeared.

Thanks a lot,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by techgetgame, Today, 11:42 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes