charting african stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charting african stock

I have macro enabled excel workbook with columns: symbol (this row just contains only one symbol that repeats for all rows of data), date (mm/dd/yy), open, high, low, close, volume.

I need to be able to plot this in ninja trader and to apply technical analysis.

If I cannot add an african exchange and need to put this in a US exchange thats okay, but how can I plot it either way?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

In order to import this data in to NinjaTrader you will need utilize the Historical Data Manager (Tools > Historical Data Manager) to follow the process outlined here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../importing.htm

Before it is possible to import data in to NinjaTrader you will need to create the instrument within NinjaTrader's instrument database.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    • Press the "OK" button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list

You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

When trying to import the attached file into Ninja trader I get:

"Input string was not in a correct format on line 1"

tried putting the file to import on ninja trader import folder and on desktop and restarting firefox both did not work.

This symbol is UACN and was added under ne exchange. sybmol mapping External.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

The error message is correct, the format of your data is incorrect and does not comply with the guidelines located in the help guide here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../importing.htm

If you take a look in the text file you uploaded you have lines like the following:

04/01/09,26.49,27.5,25.75,26.94,1150420
        04/02/09,26.94,28,26.02,27.99,261580
        04/03/09,27.99,29.35,27,29.3,266291

This would not be a valid format, instead it would need to be like the following:

yyyyMMdd HHmmss;open price;high price;low price;close price;volume

or

20061023 004400;1377.25;1377.25;1377.25;1377.25;86
        20061023 004500;1377.25;1377.25;1377.25;1377.25;27
        20061023 004600;1377.25;1377.25;1377.25;1377.25;24

You will need to convert the data into the appropriate format for it to be able to be imported successfully.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post RubenCazorla  
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        2 responses