Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy/Sell 4 ticks below/above entry order

Hello,

My strategy (already coded) buys/sells when stochastics is below 10 or above 90 respectively, what would be the code to insert if I want the strategy to actually buy 4 ticks below the actual order or sell 4 ticks above.

Could anybody give me a hint?

Thanks,

Alan

futuros, you mean then to have a price move confirm or deny the signal? So placing for example a StopMarket / StopLimit order 4 ticks above or below the signal bar extremes?

The different order types and Enter() methods for using those would be discussed in this tip -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Yes, exactly, StopLimit order 4 ticks above or below the signal bar extremes...do you have an example (already coded in some other strategy) that I can use?

Thanks...

Comment

I have attached a small example for you, this will place a stop limit order for the next bar after our condition to enter (here close crossing the prior day high) occurred. If it would not fill on the bar it was submitted on > it would expire. If you want to persist the order longer you can unlock the wizard code and use liveUntilCancelled and then CancelOrder() after a certain # of bars. The following sample will show how that could be approached -

When using NinjaTrader's Enter() and Exit() methods, the default behavior is to automatically expire them at the end of a bar unless they are resubmitted to keep them alive. Sometimes you may want more flexibility in this behavior and wish to submit orders as live-until-cancelled. When orders are submitted as live-until
        Attached Files

Comment

Bertrand, in this example that you sent me is my understanding that the strategy is buying X amount of ticks above the signal? (High[0] + Offset * TickSize)

What I actually want is to buy x amount of ticks below the signal bar, so my code would be: EnterLongLimit(DefaultQuantity, Low[0] - Offset * TickSize, Low[0] - Offset * TickSize, "EnterLSL");

Am I right?

Thanks for your help...

Comment

Your understanding is correct for my example given. You can then instead work with a normal limit (EnterLongLimit) order that you place for the entry then at Low[0] - your offset (4 * TickSize).

The same order expiration considerations would apply though (for any non market order in our managed mode).

Comment

Bertrand, what is the "offset" refers to? can I avoid the offset? Like this maybe:

EnterLongLimit(DefaultQuantity, Low[0] - 4 * TickSize, Low[0] - 4 * TickSize, "EnterLong");

or if I have to "keep" the offset, can I place your same code in the properties region?

[Description("StopLimitOffset")]
              [GridCategory("Parameters")]
              public int Offset
              {
              get { return offset; }
              set { offset = Math.Max(0, value); }
              }

Comment

You can rename the offset also to something else if you wanted. The limit order will only have one component, the limit price. With the offset you would setup how many ticks away from the signal bars high / low you want the order to be placed then.

Comment

Bertrand I don't want to bother you all day, just one last question, if I don't want the "offset" is this line of code correct? : EnterLongLimit(DefaultQuantity, Low[0] - 4 * TickSize, Low[0] - 4 * TickSize, "EnterLong");

Comment

No worries, for the normal limit order use -

EnterLongLimit(DefaultQuantity, Low[0] - 4 * TickSize, "EnterLong");

There's no stop and limit price here, just the limit price.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jclose
                    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                    10 responses