Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supertrend

Hello
    I was looking for the Supertrend indicator, but I found it nowhere in Ninja.
    Does someone know it, or was any post already written about this subject in the forum ?
    I'm interested to use Supertrend both in my charts and my strategies.

Hello fliesen,

Thank you for your post.

A SuperTrend indicator which can be used with NinjaTrader as well as a thread full of discussion related to the indicator is available at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=11844

If anything else comes up which I could assist you with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.
      I have the same question for FRACTALS, whose indicator is not available in Ninja: where may I import and read about it in the forum ?

Comment

Originally posted by fliesen View Post
        Thank you.
        I have the same question for FRACTALS, whose indicator is not available in Ninja: where may I import and read about it in the forum ?
        Hi fliesen

I was interested in the sound of a 'fractal' indicator, so I just googled: "fractals indicator ninjatrader" and found a link to this thread:

which seems to have what you're looking for.

I've often found that googling will instantly get me the answer to a Ninja query - but not always though!

I'm grateful to you for mentioning this.

Cheers, Ed

Comment

Thank you for both suggestions. I'll try immediately

Comment

Excuse me,
            I watched Ninja's "fractals" indicator: is it correct that the fractals correspond to the ZigZag lows and highs ?
            In any case, which expression may I use for identifying fractals in a strategy of mine ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mauripasto View Post
              Excuse me,
              I watched Ninja's "fractals" indicator: is it correct that the fractals correspond to the ZigZag lows and highs ?
              In any case, which expression may I use for identifying fractals in a strategy of mine ?
              I've just pulled up a chart with both fractals and zig-zag and I don't think there's any direct connection.

Zig-zag connects pivots (actual high and low points over a given number of bars) but cannot paint in realtime as it has to wait for confirmation that a candidate pivot is indeed one.

Fractals is dependant on caparison with previous bars and can thus work in realtime.

It's really helpful to look at the coding for both of these and you'll see how they differ.

Comment

1) What you say is correct, but in my chart the relation couldn't be more direct (I'm using the default indicators). So why am I getting such a chart ?

2) If ZigZag(DeviationType.Percent, Variable0, true).ZigZagLow[0] identifies the previous ZigZag low, which is the equivalent expression for the last Fractal low ?
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I thought there was some discrepancy - and it's down to me!

The indicator I have is called FractalLevel (which I just downloaded today) with the following coding for the upper band:

if(High[2]<High[3] && High[1]<High[3])
                  {
                  // Fractal type 1
                  if( High[5]<High[3] && High[4]<High[3] )
                  upFractal=High[3];

// Fractal type 2
                  else if( High[6]< High[3] && High[5]< High[3] && High[4]==High[3] )
                  upFractal=High[3];

// Fractal type 3, 4
                  else if( High[7]< High[3] && High[6]< High[3] && High[5]==High[3] && High[4]<=High[3] )
                  upFractal=High[3];

// Fractal type 5
                  else if( High[8]< High[3] && High[7]< High[3] && High[6]==High[3] && High[5]< High[3] && High[4]==High[3] )
                  upFractal=High[3];

// Fractal type 6
                  else if( High[8]< High[3] && High[7]< High[3] && High[6]==High[3] && High[5]==High[3] && High[4]< High[3] )
                  upFractal=High[3];

// Fractal type 7
                  else if( High[9]< High[3] && High[8]< High[3] && High[7]==High[3] && High[6]< High[3] && High[5]==High[3] && High[4]< High[3] )
                  upFractal=High[3];

I get the impression this may be very different from one you have, which is 'fractals'. I did use the name 'fractals' as I thought that was the name and I didn't realise there must be two!

Comment

I found your FractalLevel indicator neither on Ninja Forum nor on Google, but as I see from the code, it should be the same as mine (logic is identical)
                    Does your FractalLevel show different highs and lows than Ninja's ZigZag indicator ? If so, can you please show me a chart ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mauripasto View Post
                      I found your FractalLevel indicator neither on Ninja Forum nor on Google, but as I see from the code, it should be the same as mine (logic is identical)
                      Does your FractalLevel show different highs and lows than Ninja's ZigZag indicator ? If so, can you please show me a chart ?
                      As requested, a chart showing FractalLevel and Zigzag (on 15m spot EURUSD).
                      Attached Files

Comment

@NinjaTrader_Kyle,

The ZIP file in your referenced link actually contains the Meta Trader code that vrathee was requesting someone to convert to NinjaScript. I cannot find a link for this old Ninja version of SuperTrend and would like to have it for learning purposes. Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks,
                        Geoff

Comment

I believe the post is the following: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...1&postcount=60

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                            I believe the post is the following: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...1&postcount=60
                            Is there any way to determine if this is the latest version?

Comment

gdstuart,

Ask the developer on that thread for the latest version.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post trilliantrader  
                              Started by samish18, Today, 08:31 AM
                              1 response
                              1 view
                              0 likes