Chart Not Fully Displayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Not Fully Displayed

This chart is completely wacky, for me, and not even updating live.

As you can see from the attachment, all of the candlesticks are looking a bit shoddy and I'm only really getting an update every other minute. I'm using Kinetick and I'm on the live subscription. Even if it's only supposed to update that often, which I find a bit odd, the chart is still all screwy.

So that it's in the open, this is my first time setting up my own live trading platform. I've used others' before, however, theirs was already setup.
    Attached Files

Hello Bobbl3ddie,

Thank you for your post.

When loading a one minute JRJC chart from Kinetick here I see the same data reflected in the chart. (see attached Kinetick.png) When loading data for the same symbol through other providers I see very similar results however. (see attached BarCharts.png)

In terms of update frequency, NinjaTrader would display an update within the chart only when a new tick is received. In testing here I checked real-time data on JRJC with several data sources using the Time & Sales window which will display an update as soon as a new tick is received by NinjaTrader. While I did see updates posted within the window, they were sparse when compared against more liquid instruments indicating that trading on JRJC is somewhat slowly traded.

Is there another data source which you're comparing to which displays data in another way or updates more rapidly? If so, which data source are you comparing with?
    Attached Files
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm comparing to USAA and Google. Still, why does the chart look so messed up?

Comment

Hello,

Does your question relate to the dash bars in the chart? Volume for the instrument is low based on what I see when applying the VOL indicator. As a result of low volume there can be minute periods where no price change takes place leaving open, high, low and close at the same price. A minute which has equal open, high, low and close values would be plotted as a dash due to the fact that all prices displayed are the same.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I guess that makes sense. I'm obviously pretty new at this. I just thought there would at least be a bar showing the movement that got carried into the next one, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, I appreciate all your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ScottWalsh  
          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes