Historical data rounded in Historical Data Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data rounded in Historical Data Manager

I was looking in the edit section of the historical data manager to verify some data and I noticed that the prices are rounded to the nearest point (ES emini data). The data appears to be correct in the charts.

Is there a setting for this? How can I view the actual prices?

Thanks!

Hello PDT123,

You should see the tick value in the Edit tab of the Historical Data Manager.

Please attach a screenshot of your Historical Data Manager.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and upload the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Screenshot

Here is a snippet from the Historical Data Manager looking at yesterday's ES Tick data.

I can scroll through all of the data in the Historical Data Manager and it always shows full point value. (2104 never 2014.25 2104.50 etc.).

I am running Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit and NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.25 64 bit.

Thanks,
      Dan
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PDT123; 02-24-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

This should go along with the tick size you have defined in the instrument manager.

If you have changed the Tick Size in the instrument manager for the instrument, you will need to reload the historical data to see the change and also may need to remove the historical data cache.

Please first check the instrument in the instrument manager to verify you have the tick size you want.
        Click Tools -> instrument manager.

Search for the ES and double click its row in the master instrument list (middle list)

In the window that appears look for TickSize and verify you have the tick size you want. The default for the ES is 0.25

Once you set this, try using the platform to reload the data first by doing the following:

Tools -> Historical Data Manager -> Reload tab.
        Click Reload.

After this completes check the historical data manager to view the rows and also look at a chart to ensure they match.

if they do not please let me know and I can instruct you how to clear the old data so you can re download the historical data and have it calculated using the tick size you selected.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes