Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preventing Backtesting when enabling a strategy

Hello Ninjatrader Support,

I'm currently trying to perfect a work around for creating a strategy that manages my exits only. Since this isn't possible in the current version of NT, my thought process has been to create a strategy that trades on the open of next bar when enabled and then manages the exit accordingly.

The problem is I only want the strategy to handle one order the entire time it is enabled. With maxpositions, the strategy currently enters, exits, and then re-enters at the open of the next bar after a close.

In an attempt to remedy this issue, I implemented a counter that prevents more than one entry from occurring during the life of the strategy (if counter == 0, trade). However, when I enable my strategy, the historical backtesting that goes along with it brings the counter to 1, thus preventing any live trading.

What is a functional solution to this problem?

Thanks

Hi Elynt, welcome to our forums. One approach would be to not process anything historical then and just return out - https://www.ninjatrader.com/support/...historical.htm

So your logic would then only kick into gear once realtime bars are processed by the script.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Elynt, welcome to our forums. One approach would be to not process anything historical then and just return out - https://www.ninjatrader.com/support/...historical.htm

So your logic would then only kick into gear once realtime bars are processed by the script.
      Brilliantly simple. Thank you for the help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jclose
      by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
      10 responses
      0 likes