MBTrading Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBTrading Connection

I'm having trouble figuring out how the NT platform works in regards to other brokers. I want to use MBtrading for forex and trade throught the NT platform. I already put in my username and pw for the MBtrading account connection. I want to use a different data feed as my primary data feed. Do I have to connect to MBtrading (so my trades are accounted for) and then connect to the primary data feed after that? Thanks.

Hello and thank you for your post,

In order to trade with your MBT account, MBT must be your primary data feed. However, you can add an alternative data provider for historical data.

Please see the below section of our help guide on "Understanding the Data Provided by your Connectivity Provider" for more on this.

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

so there is no way to get more accurate real time tick data and just use mbtrading for placing trades?

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

You will be able to use an alternative data feed to get tick data (Kinetick, IQFeed) to supplement your MBT data, but in order to submit MBT trades, MBT must be your primary data feed.

You can do this by adding an additional connection, please see the below section of our help guide for more on this.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

I checked out the link. One thing I'm not sure of. It says that if I connect to MBtrading first and connect to Kinetick after then Kinetick would be my secondary data feed. It will only connect to kinetick if MBT fails data request. Being that it is just a secondary data feed would MBT tick data still show up on the chart? In a nutshell, I'm not sure how to have Kinetick data on chart but place trades with MBT.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

MBT tick data would still be used in that situation. Unfortunately, due to the limitation of MBT needing to be the primary connection in order to trade, this not possible at this time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post FrancisMorro  
            Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
            10 responses