Instrument is not supported by repository

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument is not supported by repository

I have a file of DAX tick data I want to import.

Filename is "AX 03-10". When I attempt to import using Historical Data Manager, I get an "Unable to import" error.

"Instrument is not supported by repository."

Any idea what the issue might be?

Thanks!

Hi AnotherTrader, thanks for your post.

What is the file extension for this historical data?

You will want to ensure that your historical data files conform to the standard outlined in the 'Understanding import file and data formats' section of the following help guide article:

Importing Historical Data
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
      Hi AnotherTrader, thanks for your post.

What is the file extension for this historical data?

You will want to ensure that your historical data files conform to the standard outlined in the 'Understanding import file and data formats' section of the following help guide article:

Importing Historical Data
      File extension is .Last.txt.

It seems I can import files of recent data. i.e. AX 06-13.Last is imported OK.

But not data from longer ago (i.e. cannot import AX 03.10.Last").

Does that provide a clue?

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

At this point, I'd actually like to try importing a sample of this historical data on my end. If you would, send me the AX 03.10.Last file in question to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com in order for me to investigate.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
          Hi, thanks for your reply.

At this point, I'd actually like to try importing a sample of this historical data on my end. If you would, send me the AX 03.10.Last file in question to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com in order for me to investigate.
          Thanks.

The file (86 Mb) is on its way to you. I am sending it via www.wetransfer.com ... you will have to download it from there.

Comment

Hi, thanks for sending that file along.

After my tests, it appears that renaming the file 'FDAX 03-11.Last.txt' will allow you to import it for use with the FDAX contract. You will first want to make sure that FDAX exists as an entry on your Instrument Manager, then use the Historical Data Manager to import just as you were before.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
            Thanks.

I believe I found the issue, a value I had set for "AX" in Instrument Manager, "Sim field start price".

The FDAX (or "AX") contract value has changed substantially over the period covered by the files I am importing. It seems that if "Sim field start price" is set at a value too far from the prices being imported, the import fails with the message "... not supported by repository". If this value is set to a value closer to the prices being imported, it then completes successfully.
            Last edited by AnotherTrader; 03-04-2015, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Thank you for this!

I was also receiving the same error message when attempting to import MNQ historical data. I changed the "Sim field start price" field to a value within range of the data and the data imported successfully.

I am using NinjaTrader 8.

Originally posted by AnotherTrader View Post
              Thanks.

I believe I found the issue, a value I had set for "AX" in Instrument Manager, "Sim field start price".

The FDAX (or "AX") contract value has changed substantially over the period covered by the files I am importing. It seems that if "Sim field start price" is set at a value too far from the prices being imported, the import fails with the message "... not supported by repository". If this value is set to a value closer to the prices being imported, it then completes successfully.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred