Bring strategy to work on IB Paper Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring strategy to work on IB Paper Account

I have created and backtested NinjaScript Strategy and am now ready to test forward on IB Paper Account. I have created connection to IB Paper Account, have created new chart and attached the strategy. I have a few questions on next steps:
    - must I put "enabled" and "sync account position" to true? What is the result?
    - my TWS is disconnected by Auto Logoff. How do I switch this off so I can trade automatically 24/7?
    - how do I get good administration from my trades. Through SIM account? Through IB Paper Trade account?
    - where do I find instructions/video that answers these and many other basic questions to bring Strategy live on TWS?

Hello,

Thank you for the questions.

1). Yes you must enable the strategy for it to be active and running, otherwise it will be in a disabled state and will place no trades.
    Sync Account Position depends what you would like to do, the default action is Wait until flat meaning that the strategy assumes you will have a flat account when you start it. Here is more information on the available options: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...sync%2Baccount

2). There is not a way to stop the TWS disconnect, this is on the Interactive Brokers end so unfortunately with this connection specifically you will need to remember that they do this.

3). I am not sure on this question, are you asking how to review the placed trades in account performance?

4). A majority of the information regarding strategies is located in the help guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nt7/index.html

Because strategies rely on NinjaScript heavily a lot of the information is in the help guide in both the general platform usage sections and also the NinjaScript sections. We do have the one strategy creation video on the youtube page located here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Maaq...DD7105&index=1
    But I would highly advise using the help guide content as there are a lot of key concepts that are discussed in the various sections related to strategies.

I would recommend reviewing the entire strategy use section located here:

also this is a good document if you have not yet reviewed it: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...htsub=backtest

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse, thank you for your response. Related to your answer to my second question, I now restart IB connection each day after Auto Logoff has triggered. This is a hassle, but works.
      However, I continue to have problems executing my trades as I see a large gap on my EURUSD chart when my PC is inactive at night. How can I secure a continuous data flow between IB and NT during all hours?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I would like to ask, do you have the chart open at night to record the data?
        Also what type of chart is this that has the gaps? minute, tick or other?

As long as the Tools -> Options -> Data -> Save chart data as historical is checked and the chart is open this should cover all bases and if there is data it should be recorded.

Comment

Jesse, I have 15 minute EURUSD bar chart open at night to trigger a trade from my NinjaScript Strategy that is attached to the chart. The trade should trigger a buy/sell to IB Paper Trade (and later IB Live) when the set-up materializes. As I get no reliable stream from IB to NT at night, my trades do not get executed.

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for the clarification.

I would like to ask, can you see the data in IB during this time? I am unsure of your chart setup but the default session template for forex should include the overnight data. If you can see the data in IB during this time then NinjaTrader should be able to as well.

Comment

Hi Jesse, yes I can see IB data during this time. My PC was inactive today and I see a gap from 11:15 - some time after I left my computer - till 15:45 when I activated my screen again, The TWS chart for this period is complete, but Ninja chart shows no bars.
              (I can attach my chart if you tell me how to do so).

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

By inactive I assume you mean the screen had turned off?

This may be something to do with the screen turning off or if the PC is going into a sleep state so you may want to double check the power settings to ensure it does not go to sleep.

It sounds like something is causing NinjaTrader to become dormant or be no longer connected to TWS.

I would like to view your log files to see if anything is in there about that time period, can you please follow up with me through our support email at platform support @ ninjatrader.com and reference ticket: 1266801

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes