Multiple Monitors with NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Monitors with NT7

Is it possible to display the charts in NT7 across 4 monitors at the same time, e.g. 5 min chart on monitor 1, 1 hour chart on monitor 2, daily chart on monitor 3 etc.

The last time I used NT you could only display all the charts in 1 window on 1 monitor screen which made things challenging if you monitored several intraday charts at the same time.

Hello Andrew 17,
    Thanks for posting today.

You can create separate charts for each set up you would like.
    • From the control center>File>New>Chart...
    • Select your desired instrument and set the Period you would like to use from the parameters to the right. Click OK to create the chart.
    • Once you have the chart set up drag and drop the chart window into the specific monitor you want.

Do this for each chart you would like to create.

To be able to move them across the monitors you will need to create a separate chart for each monitor and not just open an instrument into a new panel.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance for anything NinjaTrader.
    Alex G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew 17 View Post
      Is it possible to display the charts in NT7 across 4 monitors at the same time, e.g. 5 min chart on monitor 1, 1 hour chart on monitor 2, daily chart on monitor 3 etc.

The last time I used NT you could only display all the charts in 1 window on 1 monitor screen which made things challenging if you monitored several intraday charts at the same time.
      I have always been able to display NT output on multiple monitor setups, moving charts around any and all monitors, all willy-nilly. Heck, I can do it even with virtual monitors on virtual machines; a setup where many other programs cough and splutter.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
        I have always been able to display NT output on multiple monitor setups, moving charts around any and all monitors, all willy-nilly. Heck, I can do it even with virtual monitors on virtual machines; a setup where many other programs cough and splutter.
        Maybe it was NT1?

Comment

Hello Koganam and Sledge,

I believe that it has always been the case that NinjaTrader windows could be moved to any monitor on a set-up, even with NT1 (back in 2003). With that said, sometimes those new to NinjaTrader are not yet familiar of the many features - I know that I was there at one point.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_James; 03-05-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:07 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ZenCortexHurry  
          Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:04 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ZenCortexHurry