Tick chart not populating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick chart not populating

As the title states im trying to use a tick on the SP500 but for some reason it will only do this.. http://prntscr.com/6d6b8k or if i use a lower tick count it will do this

I can use any time based chart fine but when i try to use tick it does'nt upload any history. I have it set to upload 5 days of history but i have tried different settings all with the same result. Im assuming im missing something so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi billko1977, thanks for your post.

What datafeed provider are you connecting to?

Additionally, I recommend resetting your instruments and then testing to see if you still experience the same. To reset your instruments: disconnect from any active connections (via the Control Center > File > Disconnect menu), then from the Control Center, navigate to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'. Afterwards, restart NinjaTrader and then test for the same issue.

Looking forward to your reply.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Im connecting to my TD Ameritrade live account. ill try to reset and report back

Comment

I reset and the issue persists.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.

According to the table under the 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' section on the following help guide article, TD Ameritrade does not provide historical tick data to NinjaTrader:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

As you can use other intervals without an issue, it appears that this is the cause of what you are experiencing.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
          <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Of course. Well that does it i guess. thanks

Comment

If you leave you computer on and record market data - you will have this tick data stored from that point forward and have historical data.

Comment

Hello,
                To record Chart Data as historical please go to Tools> Options > Data Tab and enable "Save Chart Data as historical."
                This will save all incoming real time data as historical data.
                If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
                Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
                  Hello,
                  To record Chart Data as historical please go to Tools> Options > Data Tab and enable "Save Chart Data as historical."
                  This will save all incoming real time data as historical data.
                  If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
                  yes thank you. this is exactly what im going to do. not optimum but it will serve the purpose for now.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                    If you leave you computer on and record market data - you will have this tick data stored from that point forward and have historical data.
                    Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    168 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post sidlercom80  
                    Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes