Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

license verification failure through proxy

Hi,

The company recently installed a Bluecoat web proxy and now I can't get my Ninjatrader license to work when it starts up. I looked through the other threads and set the proxy usesystemdefault from false to true but it still doesn't work. I confirmed that my Internet Explorer proxy settings are pointing to the web proxy's hostname and that I can connect to both HTTP and HTTPS websites. I don't have any control over the proxy.

The NinjaTrader trace file shows:
    2015-03-01 01:07:59:661 Cbi.Licence.Download5
    2015-03-01 01:08:01:397 Cbi.Licence.Download6: License could not be verified, since you're not connected to www.ninjatrader-support2.com
    2015-03-01 01:08:01:947 Cbi.Licence.Download10: License could not be verified, since you're not connected to www.ninjatrader.com
    2015-03-01 01:08:06:738 Cbi.Licence.Download99: 'Type=SimulationOnly State=Verified StartDate=1/1/1800 EndDate=12/1/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External Provider2 Provider3 Provider7 Replay Simulator Yahoo AdvancedStrategyManagement AutomatedTrading BasicEntry Charting SuperDom'

I then confirmed that I can access both www.ninjatrader-support2.com and www.ninjatrader.com in Internet Explorer. How can I get Ninjatrader to work properly when I am in the office?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hello,

Please see the following instructions to use NinjaTrader with a proxy.

• Open the file C:\Program Files\<NinjaTrader Folder>\bin\NinjaTrader.exe.config using MS Notepad or any other text editor
    • Replace the text "False" with "True"
    • Save the file
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

As I mentioned in my first post, I set the proxy usesystemdefault to true. I did this for both the bin and bin64 folders.

Comment

Hello,

Please see the following steps to confirm use with a proxy server is enabled in IE.

1. Open IE -> Tools -> Options -> Connections (TAB)
        2. Click LAN Setting at the bottom
        3. Click “use a Proxy server” then Advanced
        4. In the exceptions type or copy/paste *.ninjatrader.com;*.exfnow.com
        5. Close out by clicking “ok”
        Please let us know if the license is unable to verify after follwing these steps.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

With the exceptions in, it is bypassing the proxy and would not be able to access these non-intranet sites. Also the startup takes longer because the requests time out.

2015-03-01 01:27:07:057 Cbi.Licence.Download5
          2015-03-01 01:27:15:096 Cbi.Licence.Download6: The operation has timed out
          2015-03-01 01:27:23:114 Cbi.Licence.Download7: The operation has timed out
          2015-03-01 01:27:23:118 Cbi.Licence.Handle404-0
          2015-03-01 01:27:23:118 Cbi.Licence.Handle404-9
          2015-03-01 01:27:23:118 Cbi.Licence.Download8
          2015-03-01 01:27:23:118 Cbi.Licence.Download82
          2015-03-01 01:27:23:124 ERROR: Failed to verify license. Please try again in a few minutes.
          2015-03-01 01:27:25:413 Cbi.Licence.Download99: 'Type=SimulationOnly State=Verified StartDate=1/1/1800 EndDate=12/1/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External Provider2 Provider3 Provider7 Replay Simulator Yahoo AdvancedStrategyManagement AutomatedTrading BasicEntry Charting SuperDom'

Comment

Hi honvl, thanks for your reply.

The IP addresses for the NinjaTrader licensing servers are as follows:

* www.ninjatrader.com
            IP - 72.233.92.253
            Ports - 80 & 443

* www.ninjatrader-support2.com
            IP - 64.57.210.216
            Ports - 80 & 443

Is it possible the proxy could be configured by the proper authorities at your company to omit these IP addresses from the proxy? I'm afraid I'm running low on suggestions as to what you can do on your local PC. It is possible the Bluecoat proxy itself would need to have a configuration change made in order to allow license verification requests to the above IP addresses.
            <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hello. I cannot connect Ninja to internet through a proxy server.
              the notepad does not allow me to change False to True in bin64 and bin.
              i put the exceptions in and nothing. The licence can not ne verified.....
              Please help

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X or 8.0.X.X)

Can you go into further detail about exactly what you're experiencing when you say "the notepad does not allow me to change False to True in bin64 and bin"? What is occurring when you try to edit the file? Is there an error? If so, what does it report?

Comment

Hello.
                  progress. I changed false to true. If I remove the exceptions (ninjatrader.com; efxnow.com), ninja boots up without the licence error connection message. But it doesn't automatically or manually connect to continum. It says log in failed network connection to the order routing system is unavailable.
                  solutions? Thanks

Comment

This can mean a few things:
                    • You're using an older and unsupported version of NinjaTrader
                    • Your still experiencing some sort of block via proxy server/firewall/virus protection
                    What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X or 8.0.X.X)

Comment

64 bit. 7.0.1000.40
                      i am tethering internet from my phone. The browsers work.

Comment

I suspect you'll need to allow CQG's servers through your proxy/firewall as well:
                        • Live Account
                        • Demo Account
                          • demo.cqgtrader.com
                        You may also need to allow the historical data servers through as well:
                        • hds2.ninjatrader.com
                        • hds10.ninjatrader.com
                        • hds11.ninjatrader.com

Comment

Could you tell me where i input those values in my computer? I am not great computers. Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately we could not provide direct assistance with this. Please reach out to the support documents and resources of the proxy service you're using and also any firewall/virus protection programs you're using on your PC to add these exceptions so that NinjaTrader may pass through without issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse