An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

I get these intermittently but the connection still shows as active (green) in the panel.:

3/6/2015 3:31:18 PM Default Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Does that mean I need to restart NT or relaunch the Kinetick/IQFeed adapter?

Hello Molecool,

This was due to weekend maintenance and all open connections must be closed in order to perform said maintenance.

If you restart the platform and connect again this will be resolved.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
      Hello Molecool,

This was due to weekend maintenance and all open connections must be closed in order to perform said maintenance.

If you restart the platform and connect again this will be resolved.
      Well, this is a problem guys. You seem to do this all the time over the weekend. However some of us run strategies which cannot be interrupted as putting them back up requires a lot of effort.

It seems you are assuming a very simplistic approach to position sizing. For instance - several of mine use dynamic position sizing based on my account size. When I relaunch the strategy the respective position sizes differ from the existing positions as the account principal has changed. This causes mayhem on my end - it's a huge source of problems as new positions are being taken.

Now I understand you guys need to do maintenance but there must be a way to not terminate the feed altogether. This has been a continued source of problems by the way - you guys are applying a pretty cavalier attitude about restarting Ninja. Quite frankly speaking NT should not require reboots ever - except for serious corruptions. It should run for months without having to relaunch.

Comment

Hi Anyone, can someone tell me what time of day I can expect to launch NT AND get data from Rithmic on a Sunday?
        TIA
        Last edited by jmsUK; 03-08-2015, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Molecool, your feedback will be taken into consideration.
          When the weekend maintenance completes will vary every weekend just depending on how long the maintenance takes.
          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
            Hello,

Thanks for your replies.

Molecool, your feedback will be taken into consideration.
            When the weekend maintenance completes will vary every weekend just depending on how long the maintenance takes.
            The reason why I am so fervent about these issues is that I want to make sure that NT8 addresses the data issues I have been reporting. So yes - please discuss this internally in hopes of addressing it in the next version.

Comment

I am getting this error looping after a week or two of running a strategy. Ninjatrader says that it is unable to create a socket before this happens.

6/8/2015 3:29:13 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 3:45:03 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 3:45:13 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 4:01:03 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 4:01:13 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 4:17:03 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 4:17:13 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 4:33:03 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 4:33:14 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 4:49:04 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 4:49:14 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 5:05:04 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 5:05:14 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 5:21:04 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 5:21:14 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 5:37:04 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 5:37:14 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 5:53:05 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 5:53:15 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 6:09:05 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 6:09:15 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 6:25:05 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 6:25:15 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.
              6/8/2015 6:41:05 AM|3|4|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
              6/8/2015 6:41:15 AM|1|2|Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server established.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may investigate please contact me at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20150623.txt'.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes