How do you email session template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you email session template?

I'm trying to send a session template to someone, I tried to email it but it doesn't seem to work. I can save it as a CSV file but I don't know how it can be imported. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hello,

Custom session templates are actually stored in the database, so the best way to share them would probably be to share your database file. However, keep in mind that you will also be sharing your ATM Strategy templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, and saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results.

The database is named "ninjatrader.sdf," and you can find it in the C:\Users\<username>\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db folder on your PC. Your colleague can access it by replacing the same file on his PC with yours. I recommend that he simply rename his own database, rather than deleting it, so that he can use his own in the future, if needed.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you, just curious, when I right click the session manager and go to grid, it has print, email, export to excel and save as. Do those work? I haven't had any success with them.

Comment

You can use those to export the data itself, the same as other data grids within NinjaTrader, but there is not a way to import that data into the Session Manager. One solution you could use would be to export the data in Excel, then simply provide your colleague with the exported spreadsheet. He could then use the data to build his own Session Template manually. This would be a more labor-intensive process for him or her, but it would prevent you from having to share your historical executions and backtest results.
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

OK, thank you. I will try to save to excel, and see what happens.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH