Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing Larger timeframes futs

Ok a few problems

1 When i change to a daily chart then go back to a 30 min chart it changes the data series to only 5 days so i have to enter 100 days again each time in the data series when changing??

2. please explain how i get a 4hr chart ? ie 5 min, 30 min 60 min 4 hour ??

cheers
    Last edited by ssptrading; 03-10-2015, 12:21 PM.

Hello,

1. You can accomplish this by setting your merge policy to "Merge Back Adjusted" (Tools > Options > Data Tab > "Merge Policy"). This will merge previous contracts' historical data into the most current front month.

2. You can press Shift + F3 to switch between your active workspaces on the fly

3. There is currently not a way to extend a rectangle drawing object to the right of your chart, aside from moving your price bars over to the left to make more room to the right within the visible chart window.

4. You can create a custom session template in the Session Manager (Tools > Session Manager), then apply it to a data series object on a chart via the "Session Template" setting in the Data Series window. For more information on creating custom session templates, please see the link below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

ok thanks 2 problems

1. When I switch to different timeframes for example a daily back to a 30 min it is only loading 5 days of data and i have to go in and change it back to 100 days everytime i move back and forth.

2. I was not apply to make a custom time period can you please repeat or give new instructions on how to create a 4 hour time period as example 5m , 30m 1hr, 4hr ??

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

You can save the settings for any interval as default in the Data Series window. To change the default days to load for the "minute" interval, first enter the desired number in the "Days to Load" field, then right-click in the right pane, and click "Set Default for Period Type."

I believe I misunderstood your question about timeframes, so please disregard my last response. There are two ways to change the time interval to something other than the options in the Interval dropdown menu. The quickest way to is type directly into the chart. You can type "5M" for 5 minute, "4H" for four hours, "1D" for one day, and so on. You can also change the interval in the Data Series window, under the "Period" section.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
          Hello,

You can save the settings for any interval as default in the Data Series window. To change the default days to load for the "minute" interval, first enter the desired number in the "Days to Load" field, then right-click in the right pane, and click "Set Default for Period Type."

I believe I misunderstood your question about timeframes, so please disregard my last response. There are two ways to change the time interval to something other than the options in the Interval dropdown menu. The quickest way to is type directly into the chart. You can type "5M" for 5 minute, "4H" for four hours, "1D" for one day, and so on. You can also change the interval in the Data Series window, under the "Period" section.

Thanks when i type in 1h or 4h
          i get invalid instrument name ?

Comment

I apologize once again -- you will actually need to enter minute increments. 60M will give you one hour, and 240M will give you four hours.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jon17
            by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM