Collapse

Bar by bar review of chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would just like to add, this feature request, and indeed all feature requests, have nothing to do with your development department if the software development process is a modern one. The customer should be dictating what makes sense to be evolved into the code base, not the developers. It is ironic that all of the traders - the customers - want a feature, one that is for traders a basic 101 feature, and it is still not in the feature set because the developers are deciding what to build. The traders (customers) are the domain experts, not the developers. The developers are the technical experts.

Do you not have a valid, domain-expert based customer proxy that helps guide the software? When I look through old messages over the year, I see frustration after frustration in the realm of "not being heard" from your customers, and it always comes down to the development team will decide if the feature goes in.

In this day and age thats really poor.

Comment

Well said ptpatrader!!! I agree with you 100%!!!

May sound silly, but this is the very reason why I havn't bought the platform yet!

Comment

If I remember right, eSignal provided bar by bar replay advance at least since 2003, 2004 or so - but perhaps this is too sophisticated a request for NT in 2016.

Still laughing about the earlier "NT is the iPhone of platforms"-post; indeed the very same attitude to ignore users demands (iphone still missing widgets or simple micro-usb-jack in 2016, for example). Perhaps the reason why Android gets some 75ish percents of market share every year...

Comment

Please, we need this feature as soon as possible! It seems users are requesting it for some years now according to the forums history. It doesn't look like a super complicated development and most of the other charting platforms already support it.

thank you in advance

Matias

Comment

I totally Agree... We buy the platform, We buy Kinetick Data and you get stuck with slow BackTest that takes AGES to test. Like ptpatrader said, you should listen to the Customers since they are the one that pay your bills

Comment

Just wanted to keep this thread alive, I also would like to see this feature added. I've used many different platforms and ninjatrader has some of the best options available, and this would be a great thing for discretionary traders.

Comment

Need bar by bar - customer requests !!!!

If you guys won't/don't - time to move on.

Traders keep this alive

Comment

Has it been implemented yet?

Comment

Well, I for another am finding the replay features on NJ8 rather barbaric and prehistoric. After using MotiveWaves replay which hasn't been in existence but for a couple of years, their system as far as this feature is concerned, it light years ahead of NT. Very disappointed, to be honest the REPLY feature is so clunkly it's not useable.

Comment

Originally posted by WillyT View Post
                      Well, I for another am finding the replay features on NJ8 rather barbaric and prehistoric. After using MotiveWaves replay which hasn't been in existence but for a couple of years, their system as far as this feature is concerned, it light years ahead of NT. Very disappointed, to be honest the REPLY feature is so clunkly it's not useable.
                      Thanks for mentioning.Just reviewed MW and it seems as a very good alternative to NT, which is indeed years behind by now.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

sk_future, this feature has not yet been implemented. There is a new tracking number for this feature: SFT-2228.

Implementing this feature would require a logical redesign of how charting in general works. We are still tracking user interest in this feature, however, due to the complexity of implementation it is likely that more user support would be needed before any development would begin..

Comment

To be honest DudaoRJ, the more I use MotiveWave the more I love and the more I use NT8, the more I realize that I wasted $1000 in the purchase. The replay on MW is amazingly easy and robust on features with the replay. The other parts of the software? I'm finding day by day, it's far more amazing than I realized. They didn't used to have a great interface with brokers, I purchased for the analyitics. Now they have a robust interface with brokers. There is nothing special about NT8. I'm massively disappointed. I have a state of the art, computer that can launch a rocket. And NT8 crashes on a regular basis. It might have been the **** 5 yrs ago, but TOS smokes them these days. O' well, I wasted a grand and learned a valuable lesson....

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                            Thanks for the feedback.

sk_future, this feature has not yet been implemented. There is a new tracking number for this feature: SFT-2228.

Implementing this feature would require a logical redesign of how charting in general works. We are still tracking user interest in this feature, however, due to the complexity of implementation it is likely that more user support would be needed before any development would begin..
                            Your reply to sk_future is 3 days late!Just saying.....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                            Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                            14 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Handclap0241