Can't submit another order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't submit another order

I use an atm strategy of stop loss 6 ticks, profit 5 ticks. I try to place 2 orders at different price levels and I get the following message:

"You can't submit an exit order to a strategy until any of it's entry orders has been filled"

I don't know why I get this message, I see everyone else able to place 2 orders. I even checked the OCO and it didn't make a difference.

Thanks
    Last edited by perrysingh; 03-12-2015, 07:06 AM.

Hello perrysingh,

The error message is indicating an active ATM Strategy is still selected. This will be indicated in the ATM Strategy drop-down by a '* Active ATM Strategy..'.
    To enter a trade, select an inactive strategy (such as the original inactive strategy) or select <custom> from the ATM Strategy drop-down. To use the same Atm Strategy again, select the original strategy that does not have '*Active' at the beginning.
    Below is a link to the help guide on 'ATM Strategy Parameters'. The section "Understanding the ATM Strategy control list options" explains how active strategies work.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...parameters.htm

It is also possible to set a SuperDOM window or Chart Trader to keep the unactive strategy selected upon order entry.
    This mode is designed for traders who by default, want to always create a new set of Stop Loss and Profit Target brackets (new ATM Strategy) with each new order placed.
    To do this:
    • Right-click the SuperDOM window or Chart Trader area in the chart, then select Properties.
    • Under General, change the value for 'ATM Strategy selection mode' to KeepSelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission.
    • Click Apply (Set Default if you would like) and OK

Below I have added a link to the help guide on 'ATM Strategy Selection Mode' should you need a reference.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ction_mode.htm

The difference between these options is that you can either quickly scale in to an order with the same Atm Strategy by having the active strategy auto-select, or instead, you can quickly create a new order with a new Atm Strategy instance (for bracketing with opposing orders for example).
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Let's say the price is at 49. I don't know if the price is going to go up/down, I just want to put the orders in and leave the computer.

I want to place a buy order strategy ar 47, also I want to put a short sell order strategy at 51. Is this possible?

Comment

Hello perrysingh,

Yes, this is possible with the directions I gave you in post #2

Below is a link to a video that demonstrates these written instructions as a visual aid may help.
        http://screencast.com/t/ullAvoYuo
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
        1 response