Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default for Fibonacci Retracement Tool

Hi everyone

You can click on 'Set Default' with a line drawing to change the default settings for every time the tool is used.

But this doesn't seem to be possible for the Fibonacci Retracement Tool, as I can't find any 'Set Default' button.

Is there a way of changing the defaults with this? If not, I would like to suggest this could be modified for a future NT version.

Thanks in advance.

Hello arbuthnot,
    Thanks for posting today.

The Fibonacci Retracement tool does not use a default button but rather a default template. To do this follow these instructions below.
    • Draw a Fibonacci Retracement on to a chart
    • Double left mouse click on the Fibonacci drawing object to open the Fibonacci Retracement Properties menu
    • Set the desired settings you would like
    • Right mouse click inside this Properties menu and select Manage Templates
    • Select Default if it not already selected
    • Left mouse click Save
    • Left mouse click OK to close the Fibonacci Retracement Properties menu

Now these settings will be your default settings for any new Fibonacci Retracment drawing being drawn.

Here is a link to the a video from the help guide showing how to set up a Fibonacci Retracement Template http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/m...-Templates.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance for anything NinjaTrader.
    Alex G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks very much, Alex. It's easy - once you know!

It works in a similar way to the ATM templates management.

Comment

Fibonacci Retracement Properties Pop Up Box

Hello,

I have an issue with Fibonacci Retracement Properties Pop Up Box...My issue is that the pop up box comes up just about every time I finish drawing the Fibonacci Retracement. I don't need to double click it to come up, it just comes up on its own. My system requires me to draw up a lot of Fibonacci's and having to X out of the pop up box nearly every time is a hassle and interrupts my workflow and often my trading.

Is there a way to keep this box from coming up, the settings I have are fine, I just don't want to have to continue X'ing out the Properties Box - something I have already done thousands of times.

Thanks,

Sean

Comment

Hi Jayfranklin,

Thanks for the post.

It sounds like you may have enabled "single-click is double-click". Can you double-check your mouse settings?

Here is a help page from Microsoft on the setting:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/266738

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.

Comment

I have a question on the text display on the Fib lines what is the difference between inside left and extreme left. There does not seem to be any difference when I select one or the other

Comment

Hello,

These two options would, essentially, be the same unless you choose to extend Fibonacci lines to the left. When extending lines to the left, inside left would end at the point where the diagonal line which runs through the object ends where as extreme left would always plot on the leftmost border of the chart window.

I hope that this helps to clear things up however if other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexG View Post
                Hello arbuthnot,
                Thanks for posting today.

The Fibonacci Retracement tool does not use a default button but rather a default template. To do this follow these instructions below.
                • Draw a Fibonacci Retracement on to a chart
                • Double left mouse click on the Fibonacci drawing object to open the Fibonacci Retracement Properties menu
                • Set the desired settings you would like
                • Right mouse click inside this Properties menu and select Manage Templates
                • Select Default if it not already selected
                • Left mouse click Save
                • Left mouse click OK to close the Fibonacci Retracement Properties menu

Now these settings will be your default settings for any new Fibonacci Retracment drawing being drawn.

Here is a link to the a video from the help guide showing how to set up a Fibonacci Retracement Template http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/m...-Templates.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance for anything NinjaTrader.
                Alex,

There is no Save button to click. Has that been removed since 2015 in some later update?

Comment

These steps still function in NinjaTrader 7's latest version.

In addition to the video which Kyle provided, here is a video I recorded just now demonstrating the steps (and where the save button is):

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X or 8.0.X.0)

Comment

I missed the rt-click/Manage Templates step. All's OK now.

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Barry Milan  
                    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes