Work better with NT and FXCM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work better with NT and FXCM

Hello guys, i trade on FXCM for a few years and have use there platfrom for trading .
    With Ninja trader , its really better for lot of things : charting , ATM , stability , etc but the FIFO limitations is very frustrating to not be able to do one of the most basic and important thing in trading . That is to have a long term position in an instrument and trade short term on the same instrument and manage these trades seperately .
    For exemple take profit on the short term position without touching the long term one .

My question to try to use better NT with FXCM is , is it possible to open FXCM platerform (TS2) , not for charting because i know it creates problems with NT , only to have the positions display and to be able for exemple to close only a scalp position and keep a long term one . i have already do it once with my phone and fxcm app for android . i have acces to all the different postions and can manage them like i want , so it makes trading more normal for NT users with FXCM .

is it possible to have TS2 open in another computer for positions managing for the case i have explain ?

There is also problems in the account performance tab where it shows lot of trades i did'nt take , lot of errors so the results can't be use for FXCM users . is it possible to have this part of ninja showing real results ? is it or will it be possible in next versions to import account statement to have the good numbers ?

Also , i have a network with 2 computers for trading and i would like to have charts of NT in the other computer , but when i launch NT on the other computer it says its not possible to run 2 instances of NT . is it possible to make it work for exemple with a demo/free version of NT linked to a demo FXCM account ?

Last question , FXCM have a new system with very little spread and now a commition for each trade , they have this new tab also is the last TS2 update , is it possible to have this number in NT ?

Thanks

roman
    Last edited by mrxrom; 03-15-2015, 07:01 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please see the following video on how to go long and short with NinjaTrader. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XWr...A14C398CA140D7

I am not aware of any problems with running TS2 and NinjaTrader at the same time.
    When submitting orders with TS2 they will report as external orders to NinjaTrader.

I do not for see a problem occurring with running TS2 on another computer.

The orders that you are seeing may be external orders or duplicates caused by using NinjaTrader plus using TS2 to manage your account. NinjaTrader will calculate any orders that are submitted to NinajTrader + reported with the account. There is not an option to import Account performance. I have submitted a request our development team to take this into consideration to be implemented for future versions of NinjaTrader.
    If we can be of any other assistance please let us know.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello , i dont want to sound rude but none of my questions were answer ....

i have tell you i have just close only one position one time with FXCM TS2 , all the positions i have take are with NT and the numbers in account performance are completely wrong , it's very simple : it does not work !

i have watch the video but , it does'nt work , is it just me or nobody who use NT and FXCM can do it ? FXCM users have to disable hedging to use NT ! that's what i have do , so i can't do like the video show .

Another thing , the first time you connect NT to FXCM account it shows a message that says that there is problems if FXCM app use with NT at the same time ..... why do you answer me it is no problem to do it ??? i know if i open chart in TS2 and in NT , the symbol and the chart disapear in TS2 .

Dont you know that NT users with FXCM don't have the choice because of FIFO and can't do the most basic thing in trading ? (what i have explain in my first post , manage short term and long term postion on the same instrument seperately )

Comment

Hello mrxrom,

Thanks for your reply.

Many of your inquiries are going to required specific files from you to look into further. Please email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we can get the various files from you and assist further.
        In the message, include a link to this forum topic.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
        31 responses
        1 like
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Adrian  
        Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes