Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBTrading Freezes Ninjatrader

Hi Team,
    Using ninja 7.0…27 and MBT navigator 11.9.0.51, live account.
    I am experiencing problems with ninja freezing out. It happens after 11:00pm CT if I have an order active, during the date if I execute a strategy in a chart and then I try to email it, sometime happens when I draw a line using F6 or when I delete a draw object.
    Today happen after executing a strategy order, it freezes on the first tick of the next bar
    I installed ninja in a different computer and the same happens.
    When I live trading with AMP and IB, ninja works correctly. So, I conclude it is problem with MBT software.
    I did try setting up navigator as WinXP compatible mode, same issue.
    I am using Windows 7 pro, SP1
    Please provide me with a work around.
    I may transfer the money to AMP, what happen is I do like to be able to hedge futures between brokers.
    Well, your help will be appreciated,
    This is the massage windows log shows:

Faulting application name: NinjaTrader.exe, version: 7.0.1000.27, time stamp: 0x54ee2b57
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521ea91c
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0006479d
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13

Hello,
    MBT navigator 11.9.0.51 is not supported with NinjaTrader.
    Please install the supported version MBT Navigator
    11.8.0.45 from the following link,http://www.ninjatrader.com/ninjatrad....11.8.0.45.exe
    Please let us know if the matter persists with the supported version of MBT Navigator.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh!, CodyB, That was a fast response. I did remove the MBT 11.9… version and I did delete the application data files. I installed MBT 11.8.0.45 and I am getting data. I will place some orders in a bit, sim and live. I will let you know if the issue persists.
      Note that the freezes are random; it did not happen every time I draw a line or I place an order. I will need about a week to consider the issue solved.
      I did follow this link to setup MBT, reason why I was using version 11.9…..
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/MBTrading-Connection-Guide.php
      Thanks so much for your rapid response.

Comment

Hi Team,
        The exception continues rising. I did not get any on draw of objects or execution so far, what I am getting now is an exception when closing Ninja, I get it today and yesterday so far.
        I have two workspaces running with charts and strategies attached to charts, I keep ninja running overnight and then early in the morning I restart it to be sure order history and account information populates from MBT due to they restart execution servers overnight.
        I notice that when an strategy executes, either before the MBT restart or after and I keep ninja running, ninja or MBT keeps some garbage in memory and then when I close it the exception rises.
        This really bothers me. I am considering seriously moving my money away from MBT.
        Note I am trading with MBT for about a year and issues like that have been present.
        I did trade the same setup with AMP (CQG) Interactive Brokers and FXCM, active trading futures and forex, never get any issue. (I worked around the interactive brokers logout issue)
        I am using MBTrading because the futures data is decent, no better than CQG or Kinetick, but cheaper,
        In my system setup, I am using three computers with live data, one is running strategies and setups with live multi-broker ninja and live account traders, the second with sim ninja running 20 future markets charts with email/SMS alert indicators running on each chart, and the third one running sim ninja with live data, the one I use for research, confirmation, approvals, setups, logging, etc.
        MBT charge me $10 for each computer, with $30 I have data in my all system. that is why MBT.
        But, the value is not the cost only, the type of setup I have needs quality. I trade 24 hours using alert computer and strategy/execution computer in kind of robot. I have to sleep, of course.
        Going back to the issue, I having problems in each computer, only when I am running on MBT data feed overnight.
        in the morning, after I restart ninja on the three computers, everything work OK for the rest of the day, after midnight? well, problems. now I can not sleep.
        I did uninstall .NET 3.5, ninja, mbt, clean all files, restart PC, install everything back, no luck.
        I am running Win7 Pro SP1 on all computers, I don't know if going back to WinXP will help. I may try that.
        If you have any subjection, Please help,
        Thanks,

Exception:
        Description:
        Stopped working
        Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
        Problem Signature 01: ninjatrader.exe
        Problem Signature 02: 7.0.1000.27
        Problem Signature 03: 54ee2b57
        Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms
        Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
        Problem Signature 06: 4ca2baf7
        Problem Signature 07: 151f
        Problem Signature 08: 17
        Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
        OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
        Locale ID: 1033

Comment

Hello lbauta,

I'm sorry to hear of this.

So that I may investigate this matter further please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The trace file is a diagnostic file which you will find in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20150318.txt'.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's it. I did not trade live for the last day and everything OK with MBT, last night I started placing live trades, manually and by strategies and MBT start freezing again.
            Today, to add to the issue I found MBT or ninja, now I do not know who, twice in a road, that the price quote do not update ask/bid data. It freezes there, last price updates but not bid/ask. I did check in my other computer and the bid ask was updating correctly and lucky I was able to close my position manually.
            After I restart ninja, each time, everything updates normally. I did not track exactly when bid/ask stops updating, I cannot believe the broker is doing that after I enter in a position. I just know and noticed it happens only on the positions I just opened. Ha!
            Due to the spikes and volatile of the market, I use bid/ask data in my strategies to place orders, calculate profit/loss and to filter bad ticks.
            Well? Bye, bye MBT. I will transfer my money to CQG base broker, like AMP.
            For hedging, Interactive Brokers will do the job.

I did contact MBTrading, this is the response:
            Jamie OcampoMarch 12, 2015 10:19
            We no longer support the MBT Navigator, I would suggest upgrading to the MBT Desktop Pro to see if the issue persists.
            http://www.mbtrading.com/mbtdesktoppro.aspx#downloads
            Regards,
            Jamie Ocampo

I DO NOT RECOMED MBTRADING TO ANYONE, 100%

Thanks so much for your help and support, Leonel

Comment

The good and the bad:
              I am been actively trading AMP live account for two days now. No problem with Ninja at all. Now I have three workspaces with 6 charts each and with one time and sales window on each. running custom indicators and strategies on each chart, alerting by email and by popup.
              Historic and live data load super fast, order execution at the instant. that is what I was looking for.
              The bad: AMP charge me 0.24 cents more in total commission each way (0.48 RT) and data fee is $15.00 per month. they do not have the option for CME top of the book that is only $10 you find in each MBT and Interactive brokers.
              For some reason I am not getting all inclusive of what I looking for.
              I do not know if I should post in this forum, but the experiences I having with this brokers and ninja I think should be shared in some way. Please point me to the right forum area.
              Thanks, Leo

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post FrancisMorro  
              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
              10 responses