Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security not enabled - why?

Hi,

I'm running NT with an MBTrading brokerage account. I'm having trouble with a specific contract. I can get a price quote for the NG (Henry Hub natgas futures) contract but can't trade it - I keep getting an error message "Order rejected for reason: Security is not enabled".

I have a data subscription to NYMEX. I can view and trade other NYMEX contracts, such as the CL contract.

I launched the standalone MBTrading desktop software and I verified that I am able to place an order on the NG contract.

So, I'm assuming this problem must have something to do with NT. Why won't it let me trade NG?

Hello,
    Thanks for posting today.

This is usually an issue with the broker not having this instrument enabled for your account. I suggest contacting your broker to confirm that this instrument is enabled.

If this is unable to resolve the issue please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1278460 Alex G.

I look forward to your reply.
    Alex G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Alex,

I already verified that I can place orders on NG in my account from within the broker's own trading platform.

I'll send you the log and trace files.

edit: I sent the files but I accidentally put the ticket number tag in the subject line, instead of the body.
      Last edited by PhillyD; 03-17-2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Hello PhillyD,
        Thanks for the files.

I looked into the log and trace and did not see any incorrect settings or errors besides the one that is coming from MBtrading. The error message comes directly from the broker and is not generated by NinjaTrader.

I would suggest calling your broker and seeing about resolving this error with them.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance for anything NinjaTrader.
        Alex G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I contacted MBTrading and here is the response:

"James
          One moment
          Are you using the correct NG symbology on the NT platform?

Me
          Yes...in NT you don't manually type in the contract symbol, you select it from a pre-built list that comes with the software and then add it to your trading interface

James
          Are you referring to their watchlist?

Me
          No, their Instrument Manager
          I use Instrument Manager to add NG 04-15 and NG 05-15 to my default insutrments list
          then when I go to the Orders tab in the Control

James
          We are not seeing error message on our side. And you were able to place order on our platform so it is something on the NT's platform that is causing the reject.

Me
          OK. I'll post back on the NT support forum again and see what they say.

James
          Alright
          Have a great day!"

I've also noticed some weird behavior in NT now. A little while ago it refused to enable a strategy that I had been running continuously for several days. I disabled the strategy to quickly check the parameters and when I re-check the Enable box, it seems to download data for a second, then automatically unchecks the box and the strategy line is white.

I also can't connect NT to my MBTrading account any more. When I try to connect, the connection attempt just hangs, although NT itself doesn't seem to freeze.

I know an updated version of NT came out recently. I haven't updated NT yet. Could this be a reason?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin