How To Turn Off IB Warning Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Turn Off IB Warning Messages

How do I disable the warning messages from IB when I run an automated strategy from a chart? They cause needless delay in order execution since I have to click to confirm.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thanks for your post.

On Trader Workstation, navigate to the File > Global Configuration > API > Precautions menu. On this screen, check the 'Bypass Order Precautions for API Orders' button, then press OK. This should disable order confirmations within Trader Workstation.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post
      Hi Jeff, thanks for your post.

On Trader Workstation, navigate to the File > Global Configuration > API > Precautions menu. On this screen, check the 'Bypass Order Precautions for API Orders' button, then press OK. This should disable order confirmations within Trader Workstation.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      I did that, but IB is still send annoying messages. I will try to capture exact wording next time it happens.

Comment

Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply.

In that case, you might try checking the other boxes on the Precautions screen as well, as these will disable different types of order messages. To clarify, are these confirmations coming from within Trader Workstation?

Looking forward to your reply.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlexC View Post

In that case, you might try checking the other boxes on the Precautions screen as well, as these will disable different types of order messages. To clarify, are these confirmations coming from within Trader Workstation?

Looking forward to your reply.
          Yes, from TWS. Jeff

Comment

I recommend sending Interactive Brokers a note as well if you receive these messages on Trader Workstation again. It is likely they will have some further information about what is causing them and how to disable them on TWS.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse