marked trades not correct entry/exit time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marked trades not correct entry/exit time

Routinely, trades I make on my charts do not get indicated at the correct time location. The trade times are recorded as and appear marked on the chart before the actual time the order is filled. I do make use of a 120 unit right side margin set in my chart properties. The enter and exit trades in this example are marked and recorded as being 13 bars before the actual filled time. Could the right side margin value of 120 units be affecting the recorded and displayed time the trade was filled?

Here is an example screen shot with description

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
    Last edited by tulanch; 03-18-2015, 07:47 PM.

Hello,

This occurs when the PC clock is out of sync.
    Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.
    You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.
    Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.
    After syncing the PC clock restart NinjaTrader.

Please let us know if the trades to not plot correctly after syncing the PC clock.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

my laptop is already set to sync to time.nist.gov
      but I am running Vista OS (yea I know old) and I did have a 2 minute time drift when compared to my phone. I just resynched and time is now correct. I will see if this clears up the issue.
      Googled Vista time drift, seems to be common issue with Vista.

I also found a utility that changes the default 1 week time synch value in Vista to daily. I will see if that also helps.

Update - the trade times now align
      Last edited by tulanch; 03-23-2015, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB