Basic charting features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic charting features

Hi, I'm new to NT, so I'm just trying to work out how to do some of the basic stuff I do with my existing platform. Can you help with the following please:-

1. How do I copy a chart window so that I can create a new chart at a different timeframe but retaining all the indicators etc?

2. How can I show drawing items I have created on my 15 minute chart in my 5 minutes charts?

3. At the moment it seems I have to use the Ctrl button together with the mouse to move the chart up and down. How do I change this so that I can simply drag the chart around usng the mouse?

Thanks
    Last edited by cognis0; 03-19-2015, 09:27 AM.

Hi Cognis0,

Thanks for the questions.

1) You can accomplish this using chart templates. Once you have your chart set up to your liking, right-click in your chart > Templates > Save as (or save as default if you want this to apply to all your charts by default) > Enter a name and click OK.

When you open a chart, in the bottom right of the data series window you will see a drop down menu "Load the following Chart Template". Select your desired template from this list and it will apply to your chart.

For more information on charts, please visit this link: NinjaTrader Charts

2) To show drawing items across charts, left-click on the drawing object to select it, then right-click > Properties... > Attach to > select Instrument(all charts).

Now the drawing object will be displayed on all the charts open for that instrument. Our help guide on Working with Drawing Tools & Objects will have more details.

3) There is no way to change this key mapping. Please see our help guide on Chart Navigation for more information.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks Patrick 1+2 helpful and this works quite well. But using the ctrl+mouse over the chart scale is slow and non-intuitive. At least allow us to click anywhere on the chart with the ctrl button! But if it's possible to drag the chart left and right why not up and down as well?? Very strange...

Thanks.

Comment

Cognis0,

I'll forward your feature suggestion to the development team for consideration in future versions of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by cognis0 View Post
          Thanks Patrick 1+2 helpful and this works quite well. But using the ctrl+mouse over the chart scale is slow and non-intuitive. At least allow us to click anywhere on the chart with the ctrl button! But if it's possible to drag the chart left and right why not up and down as well?? Very strange...

Thanks.

There are indicators written that when applied allow this function and similar. Have to search for them, haven't got one to post currently. Have seen them on other sites that have Ninjatrader apps while searching through libraries.

Not a perfect solution but it fixes the problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post JonesJoker  
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          12 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter